Securring tv/vcr in vehicle?

disneyfan551

Focusing on the FIGHT and not the FRIGHT! 🟠🙏
Ok, I know alot of you have the tv/vcr combos in your vehicle! So, please tell me the best way to keep it steady/stabilized, without it becoming a flying missile??? :p

We have a van, and I really need to lift the tv up somehow, and secure it for safety reasons as well. But, I don't know where to even begin... (any my dh is more clueless about these things than I am!;) )

Help me please!

if you can't get a bag for it and want to secure it somehow, there are straps that have a rachet arrangement to tighten them and hold them tight.
Please don't use bungee cords. I know of someone who lost an eye to a bungee cord. They are basically big rubber bands with a metal hook on each end. If you have ever had a rubber band snap on you, you have an idea of why bungee cords shouldn't be used for something like this. In addition, even the biggest bungee cords I've seen were only rated for 15 pounds. That sounds OK, the TV might not weigh that much. But in an accident, everything keeps moving at a force of its weight times the speed you were going. So, if you have a 10 pound TV and you are traveling at 50 miles an hour and hit something (or something hits you) that bungee cord will never hold it in place.

I second the not using bungee cords for anything around children. And I'm pretty leery of them around adults, too. My brother's friend was strapping some things onto his motorcycle and one snapped on him and hit his eye. After many surgeries they still were not able to restore his sight.

Originally posted by jenny2
I got a bag for mine... works great! Look here:

TV/VCR Bag

We ordered this TV bag for our Dec. trip and really like it. Yes, it is expensive, but it is very well made. We leave the TV in it at all times which helps protect the TV and only put the TV in the car for long trips.

Does the back side open somehow or is there just a hole for the cord to plug into the cigarette lighter? Is appears to be used by sitting it on top of the console. Has anyone tried to use it in an auto that does not have a console? I have a Honda Odyssey which has the space between the seats, but no console. I was wondering if the straps could be dropped down on the seat to secure it on the floor.

We want a 9" tv/dvd player for my van (no console), husband's truck (with console) and be able to use it in our travel trailer, also. Wish this, or something similarly priced, would work. Thanks for any input!

the back unzips for venting. Straps will hold the TV fine without a console or with one. Sturdy handle on top for toting the TV around between all of your rigs :D HTHs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter