• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Security line at harbor entrance?

sarajoy

Earning My Ears
We’re going to DL in a couple weeks and are staying in the Best Western Park Place Inn and Suites. We’re wondering how the security lines have been in the morning? How much time do we need to give ourselves for rope drop? I remember seeing the lines were really long not too long ago, but haven’t seen any recent reports.

Harbor side entrance is the way to go by all recent accounts.

The issues with the back log at the Harbor entrance was due too two items. First was with the lack of doing a rope drop, as CM's allowed people into the parks almost an hour early before park opening because they didn't want crowds forming for Social Distancing. Second dealth with the long Stand By entrance to Avengers Campus when it first opened. People started lining up around 4:00am - 5:00am to be first in line to enter Avengers Campus and avoid the huge Stand By lines that at times were over 3-4 hours long just to be allowed to enter Avengers Campus.

Although now, with all that gone, the Harbor side entrance is back to normal and people have quickly been getting through once Security opens up in the morning.

We stayed at PPH and entered from the DTD side, however if I was entering from Harbor I would be in line at 6:30. Just my personal preference to be near the front. They move through security pretty swiftly once it opens (I observed while waiting at the gates of DL, since the DTD security side opens at 7:02) but it looked pretty crowded/long line by 7:15 when they finally opened security on the Harbor side.

We stayed at PPH and entered from the DTD side, however if I was entering from Harbor I would be in line at 6:30. Just my personal preference to be near the front. They move through security pretty swiftly once it opens (I observed while waiting at the gates of DL, since the DTD security side opens at 7:02) but it looked pretty crowded/long line by 7:15 when they finally opened security on the Harbor side.
Being a PPH guest, can you enter and walk thru the Grand Californian right now- just curious as I have heard both you can and you can't recently....

Being a PPH guest, can you enter and walk thru the Grand Californian right now- just curious as I have heard both you can and you can't recently....
Yes were there 7/9 and 7/10 they are allowing PPH to enter through the gate to access GCH lobby. There was typically a staff member standing there checking room keys, but if there was not staff, we were instructed to press the call button and they simply buzzed-remotely unlocked the gate and entered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter