Security getting into resorts for non-ADR dining

challer

DIS Veteran
I've heard security gets tight for resort parking.

Would there be a problem going into Coronado Springs to eat breakfast at El Mercado de Coronado (formerly Pepper Market)? That place doesn't take ADRs.

They might let you in at Coronado. They're strictest about it at resorts with easy access to parks (monorail resorts, Boardwalk area resorts).
Agree, this is how it's been in the past. But we saw an unusual sign at the security stop at AKL, indicating only people with a room or dining reservation could enter. Don't recall seeing that before in all the years we've been staying or eating there, and AKL was a resort you could normally enter for shopping or animal watching. The sign was there in December and late January. Makes me wonder if they are tightening up on all resorts. I also think Coronado would be a non-issue normally, but it's possible they won't allow you to park. We used to do it when we ate at the Pepper Market!

@thanxfornoticin you very well could be on to something. It could be legacy after Covid rules, or it could be that non-resort guests have been scamming the system more and more and this is how Disney is cracking down. The parking issues around MK are well known, also seems to have hit around YC/BC/BW too. Without any buses at Disney Springs in the AM or direct to the parks, this could have become a bigger issue for Disney.

@challer its a big... maybe. You might want to have a back up plan for breakfast, just in case.

They might and they might not let you in. I know someone local who was entering Coronado to meet up with a friend for lunch who was there for a convention. They were not going to let her in until she told them she was a cast member and showed them her ID. And then they became super nice and helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter