Second guessing my hotel switch

That's awesome! I changed my August trip a million times because what I wanted wasn't initially available. Where are you staying at UO? We stayed at Portofino and loved it.
This time Hard Rock, we stayed at Pacifica last time! Next time portofino!

I have a mother daughter (she is 8) trip planned for November, we are up to 3 hotels for different parts of a 5 night trip (universal is in there as well)! Don’t ask I tend to go over board! Arrival night, 2 nights at Disney and 2 at universal. We have to switch for universal as I want the express pass and it’s included with my hotel room there.

For the 2nd part (2 nights), I had the beach club booked which is one of my favorites for location and pool. However today I moved to Coronado for about $700 less!

I’m 2nd guessing myself, we will arrive close to 8/9am drop our bags and head to HS where we will spend most of the day, we might purchase a ILL for guardians and hit up Epcot later. The next day is Epcot hopefully for Ratatouille, VQ and ILL for guardians and maybe some food and wine, then at MK by 2 for lunch and the Christmas party.

We aren’t really going to be at the hotel that much, if DD wanted to do the pool on HS day we would, but she has told me her goal is to ride all her favs twice at HS….pray for me!

If a monorail resort opened up I would switch for easy return to room after the party, but if not do you think I’m going to be disappointed with Coronado strictly based on bus and location. I know the actual hotel will fit our needs.
Skip the monorail resort and try to order a Minnie Van about 30-40 mins before you want to leave the party and bank the difference!

So at the time I posted it wasn’t available so it wasn’t an option, but I kept stalking and I was eventually able to get us 3 nights at Coronado, the plans for this 5 day trip have changed so many times I think I’m finally set.

Seems hotel availability has opened up more in the last 2 weeks.

Sounds like a fun trip. Not to complicate things, but have you considered Swan/Dolphin?

Sounds like a fun trip. Not to complicate things, but have you considered Swan/Dolphin?
I did and honestly was my first choice, I am very loyal to Marriott, but only rooms available when I switched things around were $900 a night! It was my original arrival night hotel (not for 900!)

Last edited:

I know you've already settled on your decision, but 700 dollars is definitely a savings I'd move into minnie-vans/ubers and stay at CSR. My sister stayed there eons ago and loved it, and a friend just stayed there.

I know you've already settled on your decision, but 700 dollars is definitely a savings I'd move into minnie-vans/ubers and stay at CSR. My sister stayed there eons ago and loved it, and a friend just stayed there.
Thanks! Always nice to still hear I made the right choice!

We are doing 9 nights at CRS in November. Beach Club is our favorite but I figured with the savings I an do an uber multiple times a day if needed.

I did offer DD a value/BC split but she wanted to try CSR and the last two trips we did split stays and we aren't the biggest fans.

I think you made the right choice!

To me that depends on your party makeup. We have little kids, so being at a resort where we can walk into parks, or take transportation that doesn't require us to break down a stroller and remove/wake sleeping kid, is a big deal. But if you're not in that situation, then Coronado seems like a great savings, and I've heard wonderful things.

I like your current plan. 3 nights at CSR and 2 nights at Universal. Add my vote to taking a Minnie-van back to the resort from the party. Those pick you up at the park entrance by the resort bus stop, so less walking and crowds to deal with. Also, they tend to "keep you in the Disney bubble" a little more, since it's a Disney ride and a Disney CM driving you.

Have a great trip!

I like your current plan. 3 nights at CSR and 2 nights at Universal. Add my vote to taking a Minnie-van back to the resort from the party. Those pick you up at the park entrance by the resort bus stop, so less walking and crowds to deal with. Also, they tend to "keep you in the Disney bubble" a little more, since it's a Disney ride and a Disney CM driving you.

Have a great trip!
Thank you! Totally leaning towards that!!!

Thank you! Totally leaning towards that!!!
When I went to the party in August (sold out), it was a 25 minute wait for the Minnie van at 11 (party ended at 12) so we just bussed it to our resort. I did take it once before (precovid) with a 5 minute wait at park close and we said it was the best money we spent all week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter