Second guessing my ADRs

I think it's perfect. We plan similar to you and really enjoy our TS meals for breaks during the day and often do 2 - 3 TS a day. You stated that is a priority for you, so what you have makes perfect sense. And I don't agree that it's not too much food since you can eat as much or little as you want.

Never tried it and a little scared to since everything I have read has said that it is the most upscale of all of the signatures.

Well, there's nothing to be scared of. It is upscale, but it's about the experience.

I always do 2 TS each day, we enjoy the break, chance to sit in air condition and just relax. an entree at a TS at lunch is not much more food than getting a cheeseburger and fries at a counter service. Lunch is usually just an entree and splitting a dessert....dinner is usually app, entree & split dessert

I think the mix of restaurants look good. We love taking advantage of the good restaurants that WDW now has. Its a big part of our trips.
My only concern, it seems like you are doing a lot of park hopping. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but can take a lot of time on buses, etc.

We could probably have gotten them on the same day, but we are planning on breaking most days for a rest, swim, shower with how hot August is. I have done this before and really enjoy touring like this. Since we are going back to the hotel, I didn't really worry about changing parks in the evening. As for California Grill, do you not like it? My hubby and I went there a year and a half ago and had a wonderful experience, that is why I chose it. Has it gone downhill?
For my wife and I, when we go to a Signature Restaurant we expect the service to be exceptional, food to be outstanding and more romantic than a regular table service restaurant. For us, California Grill is not romantic but rather very noisy. The service was great but the food was okay but not great. We have had better sushi elsewhere on property (Kona Island and Kimonos) and better steak elsewhere (Artist Point and Le Cellier). If it wasn't for the view of the fireworks, I don't believe the restaurant would be as popular as it is. I would rather see the fireworks from Narcoossee's or 'Ohana. If we want to see the fireworks from the balcony of California Grill, we will go up for pre-dinner drinks, save our receipt, go eat somewhere else, and then come back, show our receipt from earlier and then watch the fireworks from the balcony.

I like your plan. I do my big annual WDW trip in the summer as well and my plan looks a lot like yours. I never find two table service meals a day to be too much. No one says you have to order an appetizer, entree, and dessert at every meal. For lunch, it's a great way to escape the sun after touring the park in the morning. It's nice not having to yet get in another line for food and scramble to find an empty table, a godsend for me with two small kids in tow. After lunch go back to the resort to swim and rest. Then, a nice dinner to start an evening and tour the park again when the weather cools down a bit.

I don't think you'll have a problem with Jiko's wine tasting and Kona Cafe, even with the earlier reservation time. Time wise, the wine tasting ends at 4pm and you have over two hours to travel to Poly. Food wise, wine tasting is just to sample a bunch of wines and you'll be hungry by the time the Kona reservation time comes.

I also don't see the problem with your park hopping, especially since you will go back to your resort midday. There's no advantage for you to have to come back to the same park.

It sounds like you want to have a nice, relaxing adult trip with your friend. And your plan shows!! I think you'll have a great time!!

I don't think that it's too much food at all, as you have two ADRs a day and it will serve as a nice break from the heat. You have some good choices as well. Only issue is that you are going dead smack in the middle of August (we're going in Aug as well :)), and for me personally, that is way too much park hopping in that heat. I'm getting hot and tired just looking at your plans, lol. Maybe a couple days of park hopping, but not every day.

If your adr for Kona is about the bread pudding, then you have the wrong restaurant booked the famous bread pudding is at Ohana not Kona. The good news is that you can get the bread pudding from the Tambu Lounge bar just outside Ohana without needing to have a ressie.

I don't think it's too many because you have so much time in between, and I don't see PH as an issue especially if you go back to your hotel in the middle. I mean your either catching transportation back to the first park you visited or the second right?

I got flack for having two ADRs on the same day because I'm travelling with my children, but as an experience adult traveller to WDW I know it works for me. Just because I'm eating at a TS for lunch doesn't mean I stuff myself so much that I can't possibly eat a TS for dinner 6 hours later. I generally don't have appetizers with lunch or even dessert (because I will want ice cream later or that drink by the pool). But that's another reason I don't get the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter