second choice?

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
I will soon be trying to book a week at VGF for June (7 months out--SSR is home resort).
A couple of threads have mentioned that the lake view studios are one of the most difficult to get. I don't want to spend the points for a 1BR and I don't really want standard view--if we are doing a studio, I'd like to have a nice view as we do enjoy time in the room.
One mentioned that Saturday-Saturday is easier to book, but that would add $540 to our flight cost for the three of us. (I am getting best flight prices of $430 for Saturdays, $250 for Tuesdays)
While it would be cool to stay at VGF, I have decided we need a definite second choice. I don't want to worry about walking a reservation or wait listing.
My choices at this time are BLT or BWV. We stayed at BLT in 2012 and loved it. I would try for a theme park studio this time. We last stayed at BWV in 2002! I would try for a studio, BW view.
It will be me, my husband, and our 16 year old son. I love MK but they prefer Epcot/DHS, so the location can go either way.
Thoughts?
Daisyx3

daisyx3 said:
I will soon be trying to book a week at VGF for June (7 months out--SSR is home resort).
A couple of threads have mentioned that the lake view studios are one of the most difficult to get. I don't want to spend the points for a 1BR and I don't really want standard view--if we are doing a studio, I'd like to have a nice view as we do enjoy time in the room.
One mentioned that Saturday-Saturday is easier to book, but that would add $540 to our flight cost for the three of us. (I am getting best flight prices of $430 for Saturdays, $250 for Tuesdays)
While it would be cool to stay at VGF, I have decided we need a definite second choice. I don't want to worry about walking a reservation or wait listing.
My choices at this time are BLT or BWV. We stayed at BLT in 2012 and loved it. I would try for a theme park studio this time. We last stayed at BWV in 2002! I would try for a studio, BW view.
It will be me, my husband, and our 16 year old son. I love MK but they prefer Epcot/DHS, so the location can go either way.
Thoughts?
Daisyx3

Standard views at the GFV are actually pretty nice. They are either of the grounds or the grounds and monorail. There are more of them than lake view which they are easier to come by. My 2nd choice is always BLT but it depends on which parks we are trying to do. If you end up in a GFV make sure to pack very light as there is very little storage space.

I agree with the PP, BLT would be my second choice (we are owners there so we are a little biased :goodvibes). I am in the same sort of situation as the OP. On Friday (my seven month mark) I am going to get up bright and early to make a reservation for HHI for early June, however I have been checking the availability for the resort for different weeks and the resort is already starting to book up (there are dates opened in a week but they are sporadic, not full weeks opened). So if I can't get my dates that I want, I am planning on booking VWL for that same week since we have never stayed there and is one resort that my girls have been asking to stay at. Good luck OP, I hope you get what you are looking for :goodvibes.

If you are unable to get VGF studio, you should have a good chance at BLT TP view (and lake view will defnitely be open) but less so for BWV boardwalk view which is often gone at 7 months out many times of the year (pool/garden view will be open and you can get a partial boardwalk view in a studio in that category by requesting Village Green view, high floor).

We will be facing this same decision in a few months. We are leaning towards BLT. We stayed in a lake view studio before and loved it. We recently returned from a trip and stayed one night at BWV. We did not care for it at all. We are used to staying at the Inn side and the contrast between the two sides was just too much for us. BWV felt very dated to us.

Thoughts?
Daisyx3

I recently booked 10 nights at VGF for June. I had to get up early but I have a lake view studio for my DFTW Vow Renewal!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter