• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seaworld Thursday vs. Friday

mummabear

DIS Veteran
We will be in SD Sept 4/5th I can see SeaWorld is open 10-5 on the Thursday and 10-6 on the Friday, the zoo is open for the same hours (10-6) both days.
With our time difference we will get to the parks later in the morning so an extra hour would be great-unless it will be much busier in the park being a Friday, does anyone have an idea whether Fridays are normally busier?

Hi. Your plan is a good one. Friday at Sea World will be a little busier but not enough to really matter. You're hitting the States during what's got to be one of the slowest travel weeks of the whole year and you'll find low crowds here in San Diego both those days. Have fun!

Both parks will be fairly slow, as the busy season will end the Monday before. The Zoo opens at 9, but the entrance area will open at 8:30, and you can use that half hour to grab breakfast if you want to. Plan n being at SeaWorld all day, as the shows are going to be a bit spread out, and typically only one Shamu Show. I love Pet Rules too. For the Zoo, I typically tell people 4-6 hours is a good estimate.

There is a Padres game on Thursday. You won't want to deal with the people that are leaving the game that day, so I would say Sea World on Thursday, and the Zoo Friday.

There is a Padres game on Thursday. You won't want to deal with the people that are leaving the game that day, so I would say Sea World on Thursday, and the Zoo Friday.

Unless the OP is staying downtown I doubt that will be an issue leaving the zoo. And no OP, the stadium is not particularly close to either the zoo or Sea World.

Unless the OP is staying downtown I doubt that will be an issue leaving the zoo. And no OP, the stadium is not particularly close to either the zoo or Sea World.

We are staying Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo SeaWorld Area, San Diego

We are staying Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo SeaWorld Area, San Diego

Yeah I don't see you having an issue with either at all. Plus that baseball game STARTS at 6:10PM so I don't think you'll run into folks leaving the game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter