Seaworld Dine with Shamu and All day Dining Pass

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
We have never been to any SeaWorld and will be visiting SeaWorld SD in October. Is the Dine with Shamu or All day dining deal worth it? If we did Dine with Shamu it would be for breakfast-we plan on visiting during the week if that matters any. I read some reviews on Dine with Shamu on tripadvisor and they seem to be 5 star or terrible so I would love to hear some fellow DISers opinions!!

We did a lunch with Shamu and really enjoyed it several years ago. It's the standard fare for food but you're really going for the experience.
I would not do both the Shamu and sall day dining on the same day. If you have breakfast with Shamu you're likely only to want lunch in the park depending on closing time.
We've only been in the summer and with a teenaged son I found the dining deal great.

When SW is open late nights the All day dining can be a good deal depending on your dining style.
We go when gates open, usually 9am and have breakfast before doing anything else.
As the day goes on we often grab a drink to carry with us. Usually there is no need to go through the entire line just for a bottled drink.
Getting frequent drinks on the dining plan goes a long ways to saving quite a bit.
For lunch we often have BBQ at one of two restaurants along with desert or small salad.
After dark we'll use the plan to get hot chocolate or other drinks. Around closing time (9-11pm) we'll grab something for dinner.

If you're only going for a short day when SW closes early the plan probably isn't a good deal.
If anyone in your group has an annual pass then you can get a discount for the plan for the entire group.

If you do not get the plan then you might want to get one of their refillable drink mugs. They are around $10 but costs about $1.50 for refills throughout the day which can save quite a bit over their typical high priced drinks. If you have a SW mug from years prior then bring it as it can still be used for the refills.

The all day dining is generally only worth it if each member of your group is going to eat 3 full meals at Sea World that day. If you plan on anything less, I would pay cash. I did breakfast with Shamu a few years ago and it was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter