Seaworld 1/2 to disabled

Sarahsmom85

Mouseketeer
I found this post on the
http://www.orlandoinfo.com/other/specialneeds/

Has anyone gotten 1/2 to Seaworld?

SeaWorld Orlando: At SeaWorld guided tours are available, as well as Audio Guides in five languages (for a small fee). A guest with a disability can ask for a 50% discount off the regular ticket price at the ticket window. Guests can call 407-361-2487 ext. 2480 for more information. Guests with special needs can call the Education Department in advance at 407-363-2380 to arrange a tour.

Yes as a matter of fact last year I told the lady at the ticket window that my son has autism and read that they would offer 50% of regular ticket price and she gladly said yes and did. ::yes::

Thanks I was hoping to hear this. I am going to use the soda can with the free meals from pepsi for myself, DD and her boyfriend and i will use the 1/2 for DH who is W/C user. Yes i will still feed him. LOL But he eats less then all of us. Either he will share or he will get something small.

Do you know of all the parks this is the one that has more visual things for DH to see. Not being able to ride, most rides, a place like Seaworld is more interesting and enjoyable for him. And they are the only ones offering a discount. IOA he is able to do almost nothing and he has to pay full price. Go figure.

universal and IOA offer a discount, 25% if i remember right. but you have to go to costumer service to get it. not all of the ticket windows know about it but some do. Seaworld ans Busch gardens offer 50%. these are the only ones that I know of right now. make sure yoiu ask for it though at any of the parks, they don't just givr it to you youi have to ask to get it.

Sarahsmom, I went to Sea World for the first time last December. It was wonderful! Handicapped parking at Sea World is like going tot he Mall - you park right outside the entrance to the park (unlike Disney where you either take a tram, monorail or walk after you park your car).

I cannot address your admission question since our friends had extra park admission tickets to use prior to the end of the year.

I use an ECV (from Walker) & found Sea World employees (I cannot remember what they are called) to be very accomodating to guests with disabilities - even a bit more than Disney. They seemed to be more aware when I was approaching their area whether it be a ride, a show, an exhibit of animals, etc. Plus we all noticed Sea World was cleaner that WDW parks - grounds free of most litter, bathrooms clean & didn't smell, etc.

Have fun & enjoy!!

La Ronde, a small amusement park here in Montreal, Quebec offers free admission to the person who accompany someone who is legally disabled... very nice gesture!

I know other people in addition to the ones who already posted have gotten the discount for disabilities at SeaWorld.
Here's a link to the Seaworld Disability page . It used to give some information on that page, but now it downloads a copy of their disability guidebook. They also used to have the information about discounts for people with disabilities on their web page (it was never totally easy to find), but I can't find anything about discounts now on the SeaWorld or Discovery Cove pages.
Here's what it says about people with disabilities on the Discovery Cove page:
Disabled guests_
Discovery Cove can accommodate guests with disabilities who are able to maneuver themselves with limited assistance (or with the aid of a personal assistant) during their dolphin experience and in the various wading locations. Discovery Cove also offers specially-designed outdoor wheelchairs with oversized tires for easy maneuvering on the beach. Wheelchairs can be reserved by calling 1-877-4-DISCOVERY.

Your best bet is probably to call the phone numbers and ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter