• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seating Vertical Clearance of the Matterhorn Bobsleds

Then why don't they post a maximum height limit?
Because it is not a concern. For Flight of Passage, in WDW, they include a sample vehicle because there IS a size concern there. If there were a concern, there would be a max height posted.

If you want to know max height, start by asking for it instead of the oddly legalese rambling from the email wording you shared in this thread. you'll likely receive a much more straightforward answer when you ask straightforward and direct questions!

They did significantly change the ride vehicles and replaced all rails. There were major changes to the anatomy of the ride. That said, the ride meets all codes. However, just because it meets all codes doesn't mean everyone should ride it. They made it feel more like a true bobsled, and I haven't been able to ride since. That said, the OP will be better off not riding it, nor Space or Incedicoaster. Maybe even Big Thunder. These will likely bother him/her too once they figure out the ride.

I am 6’4” and raise my hands on Matterhorn and never hit anything.

I did reach as high as I could on Thunder Mountain though and did get a stinger in the end of one of my fingertips one time so be warned. I won’t do that again.

Hi are you my husband? haha Because he is 1000% CONVINCED AND CERTAIN that he was almost decapitated on Space Mountain in WDW when he went as a teenager. He said he felt something hard whizz past his head at some point and has refused to ride it again ever since.

He *is* tall- 6'7" or so- but pretty proportional so I tried explaining to him that there is NO WAY his head got that close to any part of the ride structure and that there are safeguards in place but he does not believe me. I told him it was probably just a bat but he refuses to believe me.

Neither of us have ever been to DLR and he has done zero research but I told him that he's going on Space and the MH whether he likes it or not and he agreed. I'm more worried about his 50-something-year-old back on those rides than his head.

Good luck whatever you decide and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter