• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seating Preference with VGT

MightyKwinn

Dynamite Gal
My apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere, I did a few searches and couldn't find my answer.

We booked a VGT on the Fantasy through Orbitz (first time on a DCL cruise, yay!). While on Orbitz, I specified we preferred main seating. I linked my reservation in with disneycruise.com, and all looks great, including the field of "Dining Preferences" which says "Main Seating."

At what point does "Dining Preferences" change to what you ACTUALLY have confirmed? I assumed with a VGT booked <90 days out that I'd be assigned second seating around the same time I get my room assigned, so I called DCL today to get onto the main seating waitlist. A very friendly rep told me that I already have main seating. Is this true?

Many thanks in advance!

My apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere, I did a few searches and couldn't find my answer.

We booked a VGT on the Fantasy through Orbitz (first time on a DCL cruise, yay!). While on Orbitz, I specified we preferred main seating. I linked my reservation in with disneycruise.com, and all looks great, including the field of "Dining Preferences" which says "Main Seating."

At what point does "Dining Preferences" change to what you ACTUALLY have confirmed? I assumed with a VGT booked <90 days out that I'd be assigned second seating around the same time I get my room assigned, so I called DCL today to get onto the main seating waitlist. A very friendly rep told me that I already have main seating. Is this true?

Many thanks in advance!
My guess is yes, you have main dining. We were on the second seating list from the moment we booked VGT until we changed when we went to the designated place at the designated time to change on embarkation.

Many thanks in advance!
Actually, the wording "dining preference" doesn't change. If it says "Main" then you have main.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter