• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

seasoned vets of 4th of July in WDW

yasuern

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Which park would you go to - if any - the night of July 4th and why?

We are going to be there this year and not sure were to go - we are staying at the BWV and its myself DH dd9 and Dneice9 - we have all been to WDW many times and we have been there during the end of june and middle of july but never the 4th.

Any info - secrets - advice - is GREATLY appreciated
Thank Sue

You should do a search on this topic. I have offered my opinion on so many 4th of July threads...

AK during the day, resort to watch MK fireworks at night, then hitting the MK after the first spectro (when everyone else is leaving) for some late night fun.

MK for the 4th of July night - the fireworks are spectacular and the crowd is lots of fun! We've done that 3 times and will do it again.

We'll also be at Disney for July 4th!!! We'll be at Epcot for the day - watching Illuminations and the fireworks show there!

This is our third time going for the July 4th holiday and we haven't really found Epcot to be all that crowded. One visit, we did MK in the morning, and then went to Epcot for the evening!

Have fun deciding!!! Maybe we'll see you there!!!

I have been a couple of times over the 4th and although the crowds are a bit larger over the holiday it's a lot of fun. If you do plan on going to MK, get there early in the morning as it will most likely fill to capacity before 1pm. It may open again later in the day but if it does it won't be for long.

We spent last year at Epcot most of the day, and ended up watching Sorcery in the Sky at MGM. That was great, listening to movie music while watching the fireworks. Although Epcot has a larger fireworks display then on a normal night, Sorcery in the Sky only happens 1-2 nights a year so we decided to catch the fireworks thier last year.

Epcot was not too bad while we were there. We did end up leaving around 6-7pm to head over to MGM. It was not bad when we arrived at MGM, there were a lot of people but it really didn't feel crowded until it was closer to the time of the fireworks.

You will have fun no matter where you plan on being.

I'll go against the grain and say go to MGM. They do a special fireworks there and it is great. The crowds are not crazy and since Disney only does it every once in a blue moon, much worth it.

we will be there on the 4th. we are going to watch the fireworks from epcot or mgm and then walk over and play mini golf. we figure the fireworks will be great in all 3 parks so why fight the crowds at mk.

We also did AK during the day on the 4th. My DD and I ate lunch in an almost empty Tusker House! We had a great time there that day:D We went back to our resort for a break, then went to Epcot for dinner (mnake PSs for this week as soon as you can- the wai at sit down restaurants for people without them was incredible) and watched Illuminations. Have fun- we had an incredible time last summer:D

We will be at Epcot on the Fourth of July. We have PS at the Ice Cream social and plan on hanging out for the day. I'm listening to you guys talk and I'm curious.. I have two days set aside, One for Epcot and one for AK... Will I need a whole day for AK?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter