Seasickness - What counts as mid-ship?

alanna_lioness

Earning My Ears
Hello! I'm trying to figure out where midship ends when looking at a category of rooms. For example, when looking at the Wonder Cat 09D, are all of those rooms midship? If not, roughly where do the rooms switch to being forward enough for seasickness to be more likely to occur? Thanks in advance for any tips you can give!

Hello! I'm trying to figure out where midship ends when looking at a category of rooms. For example, when looking at the Wonder Cat 09D, are all of those rooms midship? If not, roughly where do the rooms switch to being forward enough for seasickness to be more likely to occur? Thanks in advance for any tips you can give!
If you look at a deck plan, and divide the ship into thirds the center section is mid-ship.

Basically, the rooms from the midship elevators to aft elevators.

The 9D rooms on the Wonder are mostly forward, but a few are midship.

Schmoo is absolutely correct....but I don't think there is a magic "switch" where sea sickness is more likely to occur. Basically, the closer you are to the "center" of the ship (front-to-back and side-to-side), the least "motion" there will be.

If you are looking at Ocean view on the Wonder, then stay away from cabin 2592. We stayed in it last March and every single night from 11pm-2am it sounded like bowling balls were dropped from above us(I believe it was from Tritons above us). And a few nights we had loud metal being cut with a loud saw coming from across our cabin. All I can guess is that we had some type of crew maintenance area by our cabin and they were doing some type of work then. Although this cabin was sold as being mid-ship it was a lot closer to the aft elevators. We've stayed on deck 2 on both the Magic and Wonder before and never heard any noises. Stayed in cabin 2072 on the Wonder and 2566 on the Magic, both were great. If you are looking at deck 1, I personally would stay away from a cabin that is under or across a grey area on the deck plan because you don't know what those areas are. Our loud cabin was across from a grey area so I thought it would be quiet, boy was I wrong. I often get seasick when the seas get rough, I always try to get a room as close to the mid-ship elevators as possible.

it sounded like bowling balls were dropped from above us(I believe it was from Tritons above us).
Well, not Triton's actually, but the kitchen for both Triton's and Rapunzel. Could be they were cleaning up dirty dishes, and/or starting food prep for the next day. Boxes and cartons from the storage area being delivered to be prepped.

Did you mention it to anyone (like Guest Services)?

Well, not Triton's actually, but the kitchen for both Triton's and Rapunzel. Could be they were cleaning up dirty dishes, and/or starting food prep for the next day. Boxes and cartons from the storage area being delivered to be prepped.

Did you mention it to anyone (like Guest Services)?

Yes, the cm at guest services just shrugged his shoulders and that was all. It was the first time out of 4 cruises that I've heard any type of noises like that. Even our aft cabin on the Fantasy was quieter with all of it's vibrations than that Wonder cabin.

Yes, the cm at guest services just shrugged his shoulders and that was all. It was the first time out of 4 cruises that I've heard any type of noises like that. Even our aft cabin on the Fantasy was quieter with all of it's vibrations than that Wonder cabin.
Hmm.... just a shrug of the shoulders would prompt the response (from me) "I'd like to speak to your supervisor".

I think if you tend to suffer from sea sickness, it won't matter where your cabin is. Same if you encounter rough seas.

I'm suffering from sea sickness, yet, because I take ginger tablets (or legit sea sickness meds when seas are rough), I'm usually fine pretty much anywhere on a ship. :)

Lower deck, center ship. DS and I both get awful motion sickness in cars, rides, and of course boats, but we cruise all the time without a problem. My kids do great with the seabands wrist bands. I take Bonine like clockwork. DH and DS only take Bonine for really rough seas.

Lower deck, center ship. DS and I both get awful motion sickness in cars, rides, and of course boats, but we cruise all the time without a problem. My kids do great with the seabands wrist bands. I take Bonine like clockwork. DH and DS only take Bonine for really rough seas.

Absolutely THIS!! My DD#2 has suffered since she was small w/motion sickness. Pretty severe. She has done very well on cruises, including a Pacific crossing from Hawaii to Vancouver, taking Bonine, homeopathic tabs, and we found out they do acupuncture "seeds" for motion sickness in the spa. She said that helped a BUNCH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter