Seasickness (Specifically Dizziness) Remedies

RedHead0186

DIS Veteran
We are cruising on the Fantasy next month, in concierge (which is forward on the ship). My mom gets seasick-not the typical nausea, but more dizziness. I've seen lots of remedies on here for seasickness, but many of them seem to be more geared toward treating nausea (or, it was unclear whether they would also work for dizziness).

Has anyone else suffered from 'dizzy' seasickness and can share what they've used to combat it?

I think a lot of them work with those vertigo feelings. My motion sickness is more vertigo-y than nausea and I took dramamine on my last cruise.

I bought a 2-pack of SeaBands when I went on my first cruise years ago because I sometimes get the same dizzy issue. I wore one on each wrist during that first cruise, but now I only wear one while onboard because I've gotten used to the motion after so many cruises. They're not terribly expensive on Amazon - worth a try, IMO.

We are cruising on the Fantasy next month, in concierge (which is forward on the ship). My mom gets seasick-not the typical nausea, but more dizziness. I've seen lots of remedies on here for seasickness, but many of them seem to be more geared toward treating nausea (or, it was unclear whether they would also work for dizziness).

Has anyone else suffered from 'dizzy' seasickness and can share what they've used to combat it?
We have found Kwells good to stop both seasickness and dizziness. That is the specific brand but anything with Hyoscine hydrobromide works for us.

Bonine (Meclizine) is an actual vertigo medication in addition to handle typical motion sickness. The active ingredient in Dramamine can actually increase dizziness and "excitement" for some people... ironically

While I didn't end up needing it for the cruise portion I bought seabands from cvs and ginger gum as well just in case. I don't tend to get seasick but I get car sick and other motion sick. I did end up bringing the seabands on one or two excursions where the coach bus was going to be taking very windy roads as that's a major trigger for me.

I tried bonine in 2017 for our Disney trip and even with the non-drowsy formula I was falling asleep..I know American Adventure is a good show for a nap but geez I wasn't planning on it. I know some people will take half a pill (or a whole one) the night before to try and help with that drowsy aspect.

The few times that I've had debilitating vertigo where I've stood up and fallen immediately backwards with everything being dizzy for a prolonged time I tried a few techniques you can look up that have helped (the Epley being one of them) to readjust the crystals in the ear. Probably not as easy on a cruise ship to do (and depending on her age too) if the seas aren't super calm but you might do that just to know in advance what might work if the situation occurs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter