• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seasick tips, please :)

The rooms on the right(starboard) beginning with 75 will give you a view at CC that is really nice. 7550 and 7548 may look like they are right next to the elevators, but all the rooms are in a hallway, so there is some separation that isn't shown. 7562 has a cabin across it, only bad if the people in it are noisy when they come and go. I'd probably go with 7550, 7548, or 7544. If those aren't available I'd go with any of the ones 7044-7052, only because I prefer rooms with no cabins across. I haven't stayed in any of these specific cabins so can't say if one is better than another. Just giving my opinion on what I look at when choosing one.
We're cruising out of Galveston so I'm not sure if that affects the situation...

The rooms on the right(starboard) beginning with 75 will give you a view at CC that is really nice. 7550 and 7548 may look like they are right next to the elevators, but all the rooms are in a hallway, so there is some separation that isn't shown. 7562 has a cabin across it, only bad if the people in it are noisy when they come and go. I'd probably go with 7550, 7548, or 7544. If those aren't available I'd go with any of the ones 7044-7052, only because I prefer rooms with no cabins across. I haven't stayed in any of these specific cabins so can't say if one is better than another. Just giving my opinion on what I look at when choosing one.

would you go with Deck 6 or 7? not sure how much of a difference it makes.

I went to the spa and asked the acupuncturist for the seeds for motion sickness. They place tiny seeds on pressure points on your wrists and in your ears. Works great for me. Of course they try to talk me in to a full acupuncture session for it, but I only get the seeds.

I went to the spa and asked the acupuncturist for the seeds for motion sickness. They place tiny seeds on pressure points on your wrists and in your ears. Works great for me. Of course they try to talk me in to a full acupuncture session for it, but I only get the seeds.
Interesting! I didn't even know they had an acupuncturist or anything about seeds! Going to get some info!!

Help a mama out, pls! I got extremely seasick when we cruised back in 2013 and we are finally going to risk it again. I would love any and all tips you can give - ESP with stateroom locations that might help not make it all worse. I also cruised back in 1999 on Carnival and didn't get sick. I think the difference was mainly that we were apparently out during a MAJOR storm and that boat was rockin'!!! Also, I had kids between the two cruises and after my first kid, some things bother me that didn't before - for example swinging. I get a MAJOR woozy head feeling from swinging, but can go on roller coasters, etc no problem!! ??? I got sick starting the first night of the cruise and sick throughout it. I finally started getting better towards the end. THEN we got back, went to Universal and was fine - flew back 2-3 days later to Texas and my head was swimming like CRAZY!!! We found the epley maneuver on YouTube and that helped, but I didn't get significant relief until days later and a chiropractor appt. I seriously do not want to repeat this. If so, it will be my last cruise. :(

Our last cruise info:
Fantasy out of Canaveral
Jun 1, 2013 - Jun 8, 2013
Cabin 6158

Cruise we are planning on:
Wonder out of Galveston
Dec 31, 2021 - Jan 6, 2022

Thanks for any and ALL help!!!
I have the tried and true cure for not getting seasick. My family has been through 2 Tropical Storms and a bad winter storm on Gulf of Mexico cruises. Here you go. Take a whole Dramamine(we use the Walmart generic) the night before the cruise. Then take a half one in the morning the of the cruise when you wake up. Then take another half when you get on the ship. The first night of the cruise take a full tab at bedtime and then another half the first morning at sea. It's all about half life of the med. Once you get woozy it is too late. Also if you go on land you body will start to get acclimated to land again. So take another half when you get back on the ship. My daughter had two inner ear surgeries and would get bad seasickness. That all stopped after the Dramamine therapy. Good luck and Fair seas.

I have the tried and true cure for not getting seasick. My family has been through 2 Tropical Storms and a bad winter storm on Gulf of Mexico cruises. Here you go. Take a whole Dramamine(we use the Walmart generic) the night before the cruise. Then take a half one in the morning the of the cruise when you wake up. Then take another half when you get on the ship. The first night of the cruise take a full tab at bedtime and then another half the first morning at sea. It's all about half life of the med. Once you get woozy it is too late. Also if you go on land you body will start to get acclimated to land again. So take another half when you get back on the ship. My daughter had two inner ear surgeries and would get bad seasickness. That all stopped after the Dramamine therapy. Good luck and Fair seas.

Thanks!! Adding this to my plan! I cruised in my mid-20s and no issues. Then I cruised back in 2013 and it kicked my rear!! I'm not sure if it was because of the apparently horrible weather affecting the waves, the fact that I was having some sinus issues, the flight days before, or what. Something weird happened after I had kids. I can ride just about ANYTHING - no issues whatsoever - but put me on regular swings like on a playground and my head does super weird stuff. I did ok when I first got back on land - tons of rides at universal - no issues. Then we flew back to Texas and I was soooooo bad. I couldn't sit in my bedroom to unpack without insane issues. The whole room was spinning. Looked up the epley maneuver on YouTube - hubby did that and it helped some. Continued to have issues for days until I got in with my chiropractor. It was awful. I do NOT want to repeat these things again!! :/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter