Search by time or by restaurant?

hulagirl87

DIS Veteran
Tomorrow is my ADR day and already feeling the nerves! :scared: :rotfl: I'm curious how everyone goes about it... When you are making your reservations, do you book from your computer or your phone, or both? Can you use the app and a desktop simultaneously? When you are booking online, do you search by particular day and time and see what restaurants come up? Or do you search for the particular restaurant that you want and then search day by day to find the day and time that you want?

When I booked, I couldn't get anything to work on my laptop or desktop. I had to make all reservations on my phone.

I searched the restaurant I wanted then selected the date and time I was looking for. Definitely choose a time rather than just "Lunch" or "Dinner"

I had desktop browser and phone app open and logged in at same time. It just depends on the day what works better or faster! Beware sometimes the app asks you to enter a code they email you so I had a browser opened with my email on the computer. I like to make a list in order of difficulty/importance and go down the list by entering the restaurant and then putting in the exact date and time. Like above said NOT “dinner”, “lunch” etc use an exact time and also toggle between times. Like if 5:30 pulls up nothing try 6:00. Sometimes that does the trick. If you have someone with you, you can divide up the tasks. Ex I went for our #1 on desktop while my husband went for #2 on my phone. We got done twice as fast. It’s so nerve racking!

I used my phone - woke up a little early and had 4 tabs open with the restaurants I wanted. Made ADR, closed tab, moved to the next. For quite a few restaurants it is not necessary, but for some - Oga’s, Space 220 - time is of the essence. Plus I get flustered easily, so wanted to dummy-proof my morning as much as possible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter