Seahorse Snorkeling Adventure Recap

lovethatdisney

Mouseketeer
Just returned from our cruise and wishing we were still there! Just thought I would give a recap of the snorkeling trip offered at CC since its a new excursion.

To start, we really enjoyed the excursion and felt it was worth the money. I went along with my DH and my 12 yr old DS. You board a brand new boat at the island and its about a twenty minute trip out to the reef. The reef is located just off the coast of the neighboring island, Abaco. You can still see the ship from the reef site.

The day we went the current was a bit strong but not too strong to enjoy, and we were told that it was unusual. We had smaller children on the boat too and they seemed to do just fine. They do have staff in the water too, if any one needs a little extra help.

The reef was beautiful and alive. There was all types of coral including fan and brain coral (two that I happen to know) and the reef was active with fish. Its not the best snorkeling I have ever done, but it did rate up there. We saw seaturtle, barracuda, angelfish and a hundreds of other tropical fish! Again, very enjoyable. You are on the reef for about 1 hour.

We brought our own equipment bu theirs seemed to be nice, well maintained if not new, and clean. They serve drinks onboard (sodas, water are included) and some chips. The crew was cheerful and helpful but our not disney cast members. There are also nice clean bathrooms.

So, all in all, if you are considering this excursion, I would recommend it and you & your family would really enjoy it as we did!

Thank You soooo much for the excellent report! We have scheduled this excursion for our cruise next month... and now I am really looking forward to it!

Can I ask you one more question.... can you describe the boat? It is supposed to be large catamaran? Is that true? And, hey can't forget the important stuff - the restrooms you mentioned are ON the boat?

Thanks again. Info like this is what makes this board so GREAT!

Thank you ! We too have this excursion booked but since it is new haven't seen much posted about it. I'm glad you liked it...we can't wait:D
Jennifer

um maybe I am confused, but I thought it was called Seahorse Snorkling cause you get to see Seahorses? Did you see any?

Thanks,
Angie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter