Seafood Allergy and Cape May Dinner

This is the last place I would eat at with a seafood allergy. It’s literally in the air . Even if the chef got him food from the back I wouldn’t risk it . At a different buffet I would still recommend the chef getting the food from the back so as not to cross contaminate his food .

I have a fish allergy but not shellfish and even though Disney is great with allergies and could probably make me something at Cape May I would not eat there. The fish smell is overwhelming anywhere near the restaurant. Personally I would make them a separate reservation if your family is really wanting to do Cape May. I have been in the situation where I was sitting in a fish restaurant with my husbands family watching them eat and that’s so uncomfortable. Everyone was asking why I was not eating even though they were well aware of my allergy prior to us going. It did feel very inconsiderate to me and that’s why I would suggest making them another reservation instead of him suffering through a seafood buffet dinner. Lots of options in the area that aren’t predominantly seafood. Il Mulino is FANTASTIC!

Nobody wants to end up in the ER on vacation. I’m allergic to shellfish and mollusks. I would never trust non-seafood from a seafood buffet due to cross contamination from other guests serving themselves. I especially would not risk it on vacation. Also as others have mentioned, I doubt I could handle the smell. I’d make them another reservation or move the family dinner elsewhere.

It’s literally in the air
This is a big point that most people don’t understand. My throat will close up the minute I walk into a seafood restaurant. It’s just too many airborne particles. Heck, my throat closed up one time when a platter of flaming shrimp fajitas was delivered to the table next to me at a Mexican restaurant.

Please don’t take this poor guy to Cape May.

We are planning on have dinner at Cape May and I know that it is basically all seafood, but just recently my DGD's boyfriend has decided to come along on the trip. He has a Seafood Allergy, is there anything that he would be able to eat? Or will they be able to serve him anything that won't be contaminated by the seafood oil or such? Trying to decide if it would be safe or should I just book another restaurant for him and my granddaughter to eat at close to the Beach Club during the same time.
I'm sure Disney will accommodate him and can make a meal that has not touched seafood. It may not be the meal of his dreams but it would be safe. It's hard to say if his allergy would trigger being in proximity to seafood so you'll need to ask the boyfriend directly. If he wants to avoid it completely, I'd just discuss it with them and hopefully plan other meals where the BF can attend with the family. (more of a "hey we really want to eat with you and we will all these other meals but just this one can we buy you a meal somewhere else"or it might get the feeling of he is being shunned - just throwing that out there)

My son is allergic to shellfish and we plan to eat there because one of his favorite chefs works there (Chef TJ who is also well known on this board for being amazing with allergies). My son can tolerate being next to people with seafood and seafood smells without an issue - he just can't eat shellfish.

Absolutely avoid cape may with someone who is allergic to fish. Not worth even chancing any kind of allergic reaction when there are so many other places to eat. My son is anaphalactic to fish including airborne and just walking by this restaurant when it is closed even, has smell of fish. Definitely keep him safe and avoid the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter