Sea World in 1 day during Christmas time?

C

candyht

My family and I are visiting Sea World during the week of Christmas. I know that you can see everything at Sea World in 1 day during the regular season, but what about Christmastime? We will not be riding any rides. We are just seeing the shows and will have a sit down lunch. Also should do we need strollers for our 5 year twins?

IMHO SeaWorld handles crowds better than any other park in Orlando. If you're not planning to go on the rides you should be able to cover pretty much all of the rest of the park in one day. It might require some pretty tight timing between some of the shows because there are a lot of them. IMHO you're likely to have to miss at least one shows. I would suggest a stroller if possible, there is quite a lot of walking about. At 5 I think they will need it for maybe an hour each.

Don't forget , even at Xmas, they often run second day free programs. If you can find an extra half day in your itinerary, you would be able to fit in anything you missed. I think they are still running the "Florida Fun Pass " promo on their website. Pay for one day's entrance and you get unlimited entry up to the end of Dec 2002. I do think that with the amount of fun passes sold to locals that SW ( and BG) might find the end of the year goes a little quiet for them in December as many people will have had their fill of those parks. The other side of that coin is that people will have tickets they have paid for and decide to use them anyway, it's a tough one to call. I would certainly try to avoid both SW and BG at weekends if you have the choice. IF they get busy with locals using up the last of their cheap passes, it will be at weekends JMHO

Thanks Vernon. I was just on the Sea World website and found out about the 2nd Day Free promotion. I guess we'll be going to Sea World for 2 days. I think that my family and I will also want to do the Dine with Shamu dinner also.

It's SO much better to take the option of two days and be able to enjoy the park without having to rush from show to show. Don't forget to take in Cirque De La Mer and the waterski show as well as the animal shows.

With the ages of your kids I would suggest taking the time to be early to the whale and dolphin show and , if they are keen, get your kids to show an interest in the dolphins as they swim round. Both my daughters have been lucky enough to get picked to make an appearance in the show and I think 5 is about the right age to "star" in the show. I've found if you keep a look out for a CM to be looking about the audience about 20-30 minutes before showtime ( the CM will be armed with a clipboard and a disclaimer form) , once you spot the CM get your kids to go and ask the CM a few questions about the dolphins. They prefer to ask kids that show an interest in the animals and are confident enough to talk to people on their own. Seeing my kids in the shows is one of my favourite memories in 10 years of visits to wdw. I'd suggest arriving at the show at least 35 minutes before showtimw if you want to be considered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter