Sea before Land or Land before Sea??

Which do you prefer with a Land & Sea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t know that my legs are tired after a day at Disney, but my feet certainly are. I could be in better shape, couldn’t we all, and I do walk regularly at home. What I don’t do however is walk 10 miles on multiple days in a row on concrete accompanied by long periods of standing in line.

Agreed. I AM in good shape and I can and do walk around all day in a city and feel fine, but standing in place on concrete for hours is brutal. :crazy2:

I'm Sea before Land because if I catch some kind of bug from being around a bunch of people from all over the world I'd rather already be on board or catch it on the later part of my trip. My reasoning behind this is that if I'm healthy at the beginning of the trip I can board my mostly non-refundable cruise. If I catch something on the boat then I can cancel hotel rooms and head home after we disembark or I can at least spend time at the resort and enjoy room service and other amenities until I feel better. If I catch something at the World *before* I cruise I'm stuck either telling the truth and being denied boarding for my expensive, mostly non-refundable cruise or lying and being miserable and irresponsible for bringing a bug on board.

Final result... It ended up being a moot point. The prices were bumping up too close to what I was comfortable with (and more than WDW alone in a Yacht Club Water View), so I had my TA leave my Feb MDAS cruise in place and change the WDW back to the original dates and resort. I told her I'll let her get through the opening week of DCL and then we'll deal with the Celebrity cruise which is currently booked for the same week in February as the MDAS cruise.

if your legs are tired from walking at wdw you must be old or in really bad shape. We will all get old someday or hopefully we live long enough to get old. But someone who is not old they should be fine at wdw. Your legs shouldn’t be tired.

I'm an avid runner and walk the parks in merely flip flops with no issues. However, I see people complain about it ALL the time, but thanks for your useful input for the other people!

Last edited:

A few years ago we did the cruise first followed by WDW. I would choose to do WDW first followed by the cruise if I were doing both. Then again, I would be happy just to do both no matter what the order was!

I would do WDW first, then cruise. Depending on how many days you are at WDW and how many parks you visit, you can rack up the miles. You can easily walk 5 or more miles per day if you go to a park each day. My phone told me I walked 10 miles one day. My legs were fine, but my feet took a beating, especially after it rained and my shoes got wet and I got blisters (poor planning on my part). So I used the cruise to recover from WDW. YMMV

Last year for our 25th, we went just the two of us for the first time ... We planned a couple of days in the parks followed by a 7 day cruise with the full intent of coming home after a peaceful cruise. However the withdrawals were real and we spent the entire day of disembarking at MK (late flight out), just to hold on to the magic a little longer.

I guess I am in the camp of before AND after 🤪

Several years ago we had this same question. Due to timing we had to do sea then land and I am very glad it happened that way because we were able to walk off all the extra pounds we put on during our cruise. :crutches:

We do a little of both, but the more hectic part before the cruise. I love having some WDW park time to look forward to after the cruise but at a much more relaxed pace. Walking around Epcot, etc. Disney Springs shopping before we head out.

I drag my feet and never want to get off the boat. I go to breakfast I feel unimportant. I feel as though the crew is looking to turn over the ship for the next group. I can’t buy anything at the gift shop in the photo place has short hours where I need to of already made my decision before I walk in the door.

Apparently I am in the 15% that would rather do the park after the cruise. It may have something to do with the fact I am only doing one or two days after the cruise. I imagine if I was doing a full week at the park I might do it differently. I spread out my time at the park so it doesn’t seem so repetitive. I’d rather go to Epcot every year and maybe for 2 days, Animal Kingdom every 2-3 years, Magic Kingdom every 3-4 years, then about every 5 to 8 years visit Studio(MGM, Disney, ???).

We go to Universal Studios every 7-10 years. We are not a rides people.

Every year we HAVE one day at Sea World, my daughter wanted to be a marine biologist working with the sea animals until she found out the best she could get was part-time jobs with minimum pay. So I try to support her interests and visit there each year a day or more.

I haven’t read everyone’s posts so I’m not sure if you’ve already decided but no question, cruise first!! Why? Because there is nothing more depressing than getting off a Disney cruise and going home. The only possible remedy is going to wdw. Lol. Wdw has a way of tiring you out, so while you will be sad to leave wdw, it’s okay. Like you are sad but you are also ready. But no one is ever ready to get off a Disney ship. Wdw softens the blow, eases you back into reality.

pixiedust:

I haven’t read everyone’s posts so I’m not sure if you’ve already decided but no question, cruise first!! Why? Because there is nothing more depressing than getting off a Disney cruise and going home. The only possible remedy is going to wdw. Lol. Wdw has a way of tiring you out, so while you will be sad to leave wdw, it’s okay. Like you are sad but you are also ready. But no one is ever ready to get off a Disney ship. Wdw softens the blow, eases you back into reality.

pixiedust:

I ended up just sticking with my MDAS cruise in February and a longer WDW trip in July. The prices in the summer would have meant that the WDW portion would have been one or two days only.

Always do land first. We've done it both ways and it was nice to relax on cruise after the hectic and crowded land days. When we did it second, we just couldn't handle all the crowds and pushing of people trying to get wherever they wanted to go. We were miserable.

We’ve done both ways, and even did a WDW-WBPC-Disneyland combo in 2019. We prefer to cruise first when we have the option. After all the dining and entertainment on the cruise, we’re ready for a very low-key parks and resort stay since we’re never park commandos anyway.

This is us too. I love getting off of the cruise and knowing that my vacation is not over. All of those people going to the airport are all sad, but not us! We are heading to WDW. We sit too much and eat too much on the cruise, so we like having a few days after to walk it off. LOL

Our family is never quite ready for our vacation to be over after our Disney cruise, so our awesome consolation prize is going to WDW. We are active people and don’t rest much on the cruise anyways, so this works for us. Also, it’s motivation to burn some of those Palo calories sitting on our waistlines :rolleyes1

So long story - and if rates don't work out, it's a moot point, but trying to plan for possibilities for Summer 2022!

I had booked just a land vacation at WDW for Summer 2022 and am currently booked on a MDAS cruise in Feb 2022. Well, my TA sent me a video of a Q&A with Captain Kate (on Celebrity Edge) because she remembered how much I'd loved sailing with her in 2020, and it made me really miss the Edge too!! I wil always be a DCL girl at heart, but the Edge class is an awesome option, especially as a solo cruiser since they have single staterooms WITH infinite veranda. So I started looking at all their future cruising, and the only time for the foreseeable future that an Edge cruise would line up for me is Feb Break week - same as my MDAS cruise. I am good with Marvel and I do love Disney (plus for familial reasons, especially as it's starting back I feel like I need to do something on Disney), so...confusion!!

Then DCL released for viewing their Summer 2022 itineraries, and I see possibilities! I definitely want some time to enjoy all the 50th anniversary stuff, so I'm looking at a Land & Sea. Assuming, of course, that the price will be such that my already-paid deposit will cover it plus maybe a hundred of so more.

But I'm debating between WDW first and cruise second or cruise first and WDW second. I can see benefits to each - WDW first, you can park hard and relax on the ship; cruise first you get to put off the sad "vacation is over" feeling.

What are your thoughts on the
So long story - and if rates don't work out, it's a moot point, but trying to plan for possibilities for Summer 2022!

I had booked just a land vacation at WDW for Summer 2022 and am currently booked on a MDAS cruise in Feb 2022. Well, my TA sent me a video of a Q&A with Captain Kate (on Celebrity Edge) because she remembered how much I'd loved sailing with her in 2020, and it made me really miss the Edge too!! I wil always be a DCL girl at heart, but the Edge class is an awesome option, especially as a solo cruiser since they have single staterooms WITH infinite veranda. So I started looking at all their future cruising, and the only time for the foreseeable future that an Edge cruise would line up for me is Feb Break week - same as my MDAS cruise. I am good with Marvel and I do love Disney (plus for familial reasons, especially as it's starting back I feel like I need to do something on Disney), so...confusion!!

Then DCL released for viewing their Summer 2022 itineraries, and I see possibilities! I definitely want some time to enjoy all the 50th anniversary stuff, so I'm looking at a Land & Sea. Assuming, of course, that the price will be such that my already-paid deposit will cover it plus maybe a hundred of so more.

But I'm debating between WDW first and cruise second or cruise first and WDW second. I can see benefits to each - WDW first, you can park hard and relax on the ship; cruise first you get to put off the sad "vacation is over" feeling.

What are your thoughts on the order of land and sea vacations?

Thanks!!
I’m going with cruise first only because of laundry! Cruise first then get a 1 bedroom with washer/dryer. Saves on packing and on too much laundry upon return. Lol! Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter