SDD during morning “extra magic” hour

CruisinPetey

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had good luck doing SDD during the early opening hour for resort guests at HS? Fast pass day is coming up soon, but the 2nd day of our trip HS has an extra magic hour in the morning. Does anyone have experience with how the line for SDD will be during that time? Thanks!

Has anyone had good luck doing SDD during the early opening hour for resort guests at HS? Fast pass day is coming up soon, but the 2nd day of our trip HS has an extra magic hour in the morning. Does anyone have experience with how the line for SDD will be during that time? Thanks!

Unless things have changed recently, you'll still want to be at HS at least 30 min before that early magic hour begins if you want to ride SDD. Even during EMH, the line for SDD will form quickly and will just continue to build. You want to be toward the front of the initial line if you don't want to spend the whole hour waiting for that ride.

The earlier you get there the more towards the front you are providing you will walk fast like others the shorter it will be.... in general it should not be a long wait if you are towards the back but 20-30 minutes maybe longer if you are way back and walk very slow with large crowds -- there are no fast passes at that time and that speeds the line up a lot.....

We went last September. Got to HS about 1 hour prior to extra magic hour opening. We were relatively close to the front of the line but I had a 4 year old with little legs and we got caught up in the crowd. We didn't have to wait too long the first time, but then we wanted to ride it again and it was much longer probably 30-40 min but I cant remember exactly. Then no wait pretty much on the alien ride and none on mania. We are hoping to do the same this September but will have 3 hours of extra magic hours. So hoping most people go to the star wars area.

You will want to get to the park at least 30-45 minutes early and walk fast to the ride

It was a disaster this past weekend, 6/2. SDD was down for the entire EMM, and then some. I don't know how often it goes down for EMM, or rather, doesn't get up and going in the morning.
As was ToT.
As to timing, DGD and I took Uber and were dropped off at 7:28, for an 8:00 AM opening. No bags so we walked through very quickly and right in to tap in the gates and they were scanning in for EMM just inside there. We walked right back to ToT (to find it down) and on to RnR instead, with everyone else. Wait said 50 min but it was only about 20
I checked over in TSL and saw SDD down and lines/waits for TSL and AS2 were building FAST, both up to 45 min within minutes. I'm sure anyone heading to SDD had headed to those instead.

I was there an hour early for EMH in March. They let us into TSL about 15 minutes early. RD was a scary mob rush, but I didn't encounter much resistance in the SDD queue. I wasn't the first on, but didn't wait that long at all. I was off fast enough to ride A2S without waiting, though I had a 20ish minute wait for TSMM.
I think 20-30 minutes ahead is too late to expect to ride it quickly. If you are ok waiting and getting backed up at the other attractions, then you are fine. If you want to be in the first wave, I would say an hour at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter