Scuba Diving at the Living Seas?

Katiebug

Mouseketeer
Hi!

My husband just got certified for scuba. I thought it would be really cool to set him up for a dive at the living seas at Epcot for our trip in May.

Can this be done?

How much does it cost?

Who do you call to arrange it?

Has anyone done it? Is it worth it?

Are there sharks in there?

Thanks for your help,

Jennifer

In the Disney magazine they had an article on this. It said it was a 2 1/2 hour tour, which includes 1/2 hour of snorkeling, for $100. You do not need to be certified to tour and they do have sharks but they say that they are well fed and not dangerous :eek:

I do not remember how to sign up for it, but I would call 407-wdw-info and just ask.

David

Check the threads here and at the tips. Someone recently booked it. You probably should book it before you leave. Wish I could remember where it was. I did it back in '00. Its not cheap. I dont know if they just do snorkeling, but to dive you need to be certified. All you need to bring is your suit, towel and c card. Its an awesome experience and well worth the $$. I had a video made which Im grateful for-my family is on it watching me (my mother passed away 2 yrs later). The best part is interacting with the people, especially kids. They love seeing people in the tank. My family (non-divers) was finally able to see me dive. We were paired up with buddies if you were alone and given a lecture/behind the scenes tour first. You are given all the gear you need, inlcuding a shortie I believe. Then we were given a tour in the tank, went one by one into the little diving bell, then allowed to go off on our own with a buddy. There are small sharks in the tank, but they are well fed and used to divers. I actually got pretty close to them (they dont bother me-Ive done the great white dives in Australia). There are nice locker rooms where you can store your stuff, shower and change afterwards. Then you meet back in the classroom, talk, watch the video they shot, and you can get your log book signed and stamped (so bring it too). Hope you all enjoy it!

alison::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter