Scrip Program

crazylady

DIS Veteran
Does anyone participate in the Scrip program?

I'm thinking about doing it for an extracurricalar activity my son is in, but I don't like thay they don't take gift cards. What has your experience been?

Does anyone participate in the Scrip program?

I'm thinking about doing it for an extracurricalar activity my son is in, but I don't like thay they don't take gift cards. What has your experience been?
The Script program we participated in was buying GC's from the school. School was getting a discount on the GC's and we could take the discount and apply it to school fees. We paid with a check, iirc. Why would you pay with a GC?

The Script program we participated in was buying GC's from the school. School was getting a discount on the GC's and we could take the discount and apply it to school fees. We paid with a check, iirc. Why would you pay with a GC?
That's how our school's program works too. It's called "TRIP"...Tuition Reduction Incentive Program. There is a list of gift cards that the school can buy through their vendor at a discount. Each gift card is sold to the school at a certain % off. Participants can order gift cards through the school and pay FACE VALUE for them. The % of the discount is then placed into your tuition account and applied as a credit towards your child's tuition. For those who do not have a child at the school (grandparents, past/future parents, etc), they can either designate a student's account that they want to credit, or it goes into a general tuition assistance fund. They only accept cash/check as payment.

Oops. Sorry that should say credit cards.

The program our school uses is the Scrip Now which is for electronic gift cards. You buy directly through Scrip after linking your bank account info.

Concept is the same as what your school was doing though. Each gift card has a rebate associated with it that gets added into an account for my son to use towards his fees.

I don't like having to give them back account information. I'm tempted to open a second account and put a couple thousand $ into it to use for the program.

I do the same with our private school. I linked my bank account and have had no issues but my school also takes checks if you dont want to use the online service. I imagine thay dont take credit cards because of the fees associated, it would cost them too much and they wouldn't be able to pass on the rebates to the schools

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter