Scrapbooking snacks

Zachmom

Earning My Ears
I am planning a Creative Memories scrapbooking workshop and would like to know if anyone has some ideas for 'neat' snacks so we don't get our materials sticky. Any ideas besides pretzels????

In my experience, most folks will not eat while they are scrapping anyway. They will grab a snack and eat it away from their work. Maybe while peering over shoulders. And when ready to return will either wash their hands (if washing facilities are handy) or will clean them off well on wipes of some sort. A recent crop I went to had a couple containers of wet wipes sitting out for such a purpose.

So what the snack is would be less important - probably would want to stay away from something drippy or gooey. And I know I always appreciate it when there are options other than sweets like nuts, crackers & cheese, etc.
Deb

a veggie tray or some fruits (like grapes, apples, pears or bananas)

I think you can make most anything -
just be sure to put it away from the scrap area... and when someone needs to get up and walk a bit they will go munch ;)
I would also put one of those tubs of hand wipes there to clean their hands well after munching!
have fun!

When I had a crop here at home I offered the regular...pretzels and such, but I also made up a fruit plate with grapes, strawberries, melon, fresh pineapple, etc. Then I made fruit dip and it was (literally) DEVOURED!!

The dip is easy....1 small jar mashmallow fluff, one block cream cheese (softened) and about 1 1/2 tsp almond extract (I don't measure, I just pour!) Mix that all together and it is SOOOO yummy!!

It's not the neatest, but I've noticed ppl don't eat WHILE they scrap, they take a break and eat. :)

HTH

When we crop together, each of my friends brings a different snack. With us, it usually means lots of dips and such. The cream cheese/chocolate chip cheese ball with graham cracker sticks (both regular and chocolate) is ALWAYS a huge hit. Basics like chili con queso and fruit/vegetables with dip get eaten, as well. We are much less likely to eat "real" food, preferring to nibble during breaks.

Hardly anyone eats while they scrap when I have crops or go to crops. I think I am the only one that eats in my area :)

Cheese balls and crackers are always a hit along with munchies such as chips/pretzles/cookies.

When I do an all day crop I usually make lunch and everyone takes a break for lunch time.

i don't know why this seems to be the universal scrapping food, but anything chocolate....m&m's work good because you just take and pop into your mouth...not messy...

karen

SqueakyMouse, That cream cheese/ choc chip cheese ball sounds great! Could I have the recipe?? Thanks! :jumping1:

onedisneylover said:
yes, ditto on the cream cheese/chocolate chip ball...

can you email me the recipe as well???

thanks

Can you post it here. I am hungry already! :teeth:

The last CM party I went to the hostess had the snacks upstairs so we ate as we all gathered/arrived before we headed to the basement to scrapbook. Some took breaks and went back upstairs briefly...but no one ate in the basement while scrapping.

DEFINITELY M & M peanuts! hear ya, hemispheredancer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter