Scrapbooking Question?

Cathy baby RN

Mouseketeer
I'm pretty new to scrapbooking and have a quick question. Where do you get the borders that go around individual pictures? Can you buy packages of them or do you have to cut them? If so, I'm not exactly sure how you would measure???? Any help would be appreciated!!:)
Thanks!!!
Cathy

Hi Cathy -

there are a few companys that sell card cut to size already - CM do them in a pack with triangles and stripes as well, but generally I cut my own as I usually crop the photo first.

What I do is stick the photo to the card, then I trim it - I use a CM personal trimmer for this, and I find if I line the photo up with the plastic guard on the trimmer then that makes a nice size mat - approx 1/8th inch,

I also quite like the coluzzle - I use it for circles and ovals (I do have a square one too, but I don't use that very often)
That makes 1/4 inch mats - you cut the photo on one line and the mat on the next - I think 1/4 in is a bit too big, so I have a companion oval template, which means you can make 1/8 in mats - the only thing I would say against the coluzzle is that I am not convinced the ovals on the standard and the companion are exactly the same shape - they seem slightly thinner on one.

Yet another tool - which I use mainly for matting letters, is the magic matter - this is a disk (you get 4 of various sizes), you put a pencil in it, and run it around the edge of your picture, letter etc, and it draws a line exactly 1/8 in out - then you can cut along the line using scissors.

Hope that helps,

Bev

Cathy,

I do the same as Bev. I crop my photo to the size I want. I then adhere it to my photo mounting paper. Then I use the CM trimmer to cut around the photo. The size of my matt depends on how much room I have on my page. I often double matt. After cutting the first matt, then I use the same method to cut the second matt. I place the matted photo on a different color photo mounting paper and trim around it again.

For circles and ovals I use CMs Custom Cutting System. You get perfectly matted photos every time and because of the three blades you can double matt as well. Love it!!

HTH!
Lisa

Thanks so much for your replys! We have 6 kids so I have lots of pictures to do...but I'm going to start with our WDW trips!
Cathy:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter