Scrapbooking at the Contemporary in Sept?

ladycollector

UCF Knights!
I overheard a fellow scrapper talking about this at a crop last weekend. She said in Sept there was a huge scrapbooking convention at WDW in the Contemporary. Does anyone know about this, and if so, where can I find more information? Thanks!

That is great info.... I always wanted to try the contemporary.....

thanks for the news :goodvibes

--- DH said I could go----

whats the info on taking my scrapping stuff on an airplane???

I'm going with my mom and ajksmom is trying to go too.

As for taking stuff on the plane, I'm taking paper, photos and embellishments. DH travels 40 weeks a year and this is what he said to do.
If you are taking tools that aren't safety friendly, after you check in at the ticket counter ask for you're checked luggage to be hand inspected and sealed. Scrapbooking tools tend to walk away even in checked luggage. I, personally, am shipping them to the resort in a fed-ex box with a smaller box inside for the return trip.

Hope to see you there!

I would love to go but that's the same week I'm going to Minneapolis for the CM show case. I can't wait to go this is my first time going. I wish the SDV wasn't sold out for Burlington Mass I would love to have gone to that one, that's only an hour away from me. Nancy

BernardandMissBianca said:
I'm going with my mom and ajksmom is trying to go too.

If you are taking tools that aren't safety friendly, after you check in at the ticket counter ask for you're checked luggage to be hand inspected and sealed. Scrapbooking tools end to walk away even in checked luggage. I personally am shipping them to the resort in a fed-ex box with a smaller box inside for the return trip.

Hope to see you there!

Thats a great idea --- thanks. I will be sure to keep my eye out for fellow DISers !!!

I would really like to go to this, but I don't know if it will work out for me. It looks like so much fun!

tubachick said:
Thats a great idea --- thanks. I will be sure to keep my eye out for fellow DISers !!!

You're very welcome. I'm going to try to find some way of putting something lime green somewhere so everyone can see.

What packages is everyone looking at? I'm doing #5 and getting my mom tickets to go the MK and Epcot Friday night and Sat night.

I'm going to try to find some way of putting something lime green somewhere so everyone can see.

What packages is everyone looking at? I'm doing #5 and getting my mom tickets to go the MK and Epcot Friday night and Sat night.

We are doing #2 -- we saved more with an extra night than we would have paid for airfare for fri-sun. LIME GREEN EARS are already on all my BAGS!!! :cheer2:

We are doing #8. This will be my third year and we look forward to this...very, very much! :jumping1: Last year, we cropped during hurricane Charley and were under lock down in the ballroom.

happylady said:
.......hurricane Charley.....

This is my only worry. I really don't want to be stranded there, but if I must then this is the place to be right LOL!!!! I would love to be there earlier but Mom's the boss until the real boss comes back from maternity leave so we have to wait until she gets out of work. She has never been to WDW and her dream hotel is the Contemporary, she's wanted to stay there since it was built. This is the least I can do for all she does for us.

What should I bring/not bring? I've never participated in an event before. Right now I'm putting layouts together in kits so I'm not hauling unnecessary paper down there. I also bought some seat cushions that I'm going to sew nail aprons to for extra storage. How's the lighting, do I need a lamp?

I am soooooo trying to figure out a way to squeeze the money out of our budget!!!! I want to go sooooo bad. I haven't hit DH up yet. We are putting in a fireplace this summer, so our vacation $ is going towards that. :) Please some pixie dust this way.

Sending PIXIE DUST.... :wizard: ..... The more, the merrier. :bounce:

Becky, :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

If you find a buddy to room with the cost goes down and they have rates for non scrapping spouses. They include dinner.

I guess that's a start right.

I used the speech, " but honey you travel so much(40wks/yr) and I never have time for myself and mom does so much to help me" insert batting eyelashes and killer smile here. :love2: :teeth:

What should I bring/not bring? I've never participated in an event before. Right now I'm putting layouts together in kits so I'm not hauling unnecessary paper down there. I also bought some seat cushions that I'm going to sew nail aprons to for extra storage. How's the lighting, do I need a lamp?

It's really easy...pack whatever you think you might need, then CUT IT DOWN 1/4...then you are ready. :rotfl2: You're on the right track by preplanning your layouts. I took everything I owned the first year (wasn't much since I'd only been scrapbooking for 6 month) and even then I didn't use most of my stuff. Last year I stuck to one theme, my wedding album. I planned the pages and only took what I needed for that book. My problem was that I became bored working on just one theme. This year I'm going to mix it up, but still preplan. It's also hard to stay away from the vendors. Last year I did some damage with the"Two Scrappin" Chics. They are going to be there again this year and I love their stuff.

Don't bother bringing a lamp unless it's battery powered. In previous years, none of the tables were against the wall, so you'll have no way to plug a lamp in. Unfortunately, our half of the room lost half of our lights during the hurricane and they were not able to fix them. It was okay, though. If you wanted to check the colors on something, you just got up and walked to the other side of the room. :rolleyes:

happylady said:
It's really easy...pack whatever you think you might need, then CUT IT DOWN 1/4...then you are ready. :rotfl2: You're on the right track by preplanning your layouts. I took everything I owned the first year (wasn't much since I'd only been scrapbooking for 6 month) and even then I didn't use most of my stuff. Last year I stuck to one theme, my wedding album. I planned the pages and only took what I needed for that book. My problem was that I became bored working on just one theme. This year I'm going to mix it up, but still preplan. It's also hard to stay away from the vendors. Last year I did some damage with the"Two Scrappin" Chics. They are going to be there again this year and I love their stuff.

Don't bother bringing a lamp unless it's battery powered. In previous years, none of the tables were against the wall, so you'll have no way to plug a lamp in. Unfortunately, our half of the room lost half of our lights during the hurricane and they were not able to fix them. It was okay, though. If you wanted to check the colors on something, you just got up and walked to the other side of the room. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info.
Lucky for me my mom doesn't have any stuff so I can use her space as well and we can share. I've got about 3-4 books going right now and adding to one that mom and I did for all my cousins. I'll probably bring that album but just the pages for the rest. Hopefully I'll have the pics from our last trip, it's been 2 months and I haven't even seen them yet. DH won't take the time to transfer them to my computer.
Vendors are my down fall. I have way to much fun shopping. I'll skip the lamp but should I bring some kind of shelf? In some of the pictures I saw shelves between the people that looked like the ones for kitchens to tier cups with.
Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I just want to get this right so it's not a waste of time.

Vendors are my down fall. I have way to much fun shopping. I'll skip the lamp but should I bring some kind of shelf? In some of the pictures I saw shelves between the people that looked like the ones for kitchens to tier cups with.
Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I just want to get this right so it's not a waste of time.

Good Question. I too am wondering what to pack. I am sending via FEDEX some of my tools that I am worried about packing for the flight, but besides the die cutting machines, what else is avaible to use? Sorry for silly questions, this is my first away from home crop.... I am soooo excited!!!! :listen: So I have, pics, paper, pages........

You guys are going to love it! Besides the ellisons (die cut machines), they have almost every punch, embossing lights, a few of the circle cutting systems, journaling computers and printers. You have to reserve the computer time (15 minutes a session). I usually put down my name and my table mates...so I can have 30-45 minutes to journal. Last year, if I remember correctly, they had sizzix dies, but no machine! :confused3

Putting the shelves on your table is called 'building up". We use two of the wire ventilated shelves with folding legs. They are 24" long and 12" wide and stand @ 10" tall. They lock on top of each other. They are great for organizing and having things handy rather than having to dig in our XXL for what you need.

Looks like I have a lot to learn.
What are embossing lights? Where do you get the shelves? Are there any must haves when traveling out of town? Any clue as to when they will release the class list?
I'm doing the Fed Ex thing as well. I'm also going to the CM convention in Hartford, CT in October but if I need anything DH can bring it to me, we're only a 1/2 hour away.

Buffy, please tell me more about the CM convention in Hartford in Oct? I live in central Mass. Thanks Nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter