Scrapbookers: Matte Finish or Glossy Finish

What photo finish do your prefer most?

• Glossy

• Matte

• Don't Have a Real Preference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Qwackertoo

Mouseketeer
I've always preferred matte finish when having my film developed and in researching online digital photo printers I finally found a firm that offers both glossy and matte and prints on FujiColor Crystal Archive quality photo paper, fade resistant expectancy is 70 years.

Following our next visit to WDW I plan on getting started on my very first scrapbook and plan on using the Creative Memories Black Masterpiece Leather album and also use the Black pages, my thinking is all the bright and vivid Disney colors will literally jump off the pages, from both the photos and the various paper backgrounds and the accent lettering too.

Just curious do most of the scrapbookers prefer Matte OR Glossy???

For snapshots I prefer glossy but for larger prints such as 5X7 or 8X10 I prefer matt. I think it is because I often frame and display the larger photos. I also use non glare glass in the frames.

I think your ideas for your Disney scrapbook sound great.

chessie

printers I finally found a firm that offers both glossy and matte and prints on FujiColor Crystal Archive quality photo paper, fade resistant expectancy is 70 years.

Which firm? Just curious.

I like matte because fingerprints don't show as bad. I try to keep them wiped clean and encourage kids not to touch, but it happens. I also believe strongly in page protectors for that reason! I do think that glossy prints are a little more crisp and clear.

I've been getting glossy because that's just how they seem to come! I'm considering trying out matte...I think it might show less of the developing flaws that can occur than glossy. My CM upline gets matte prints from Wal-Mart and they look great, but every time I've gotten glossy from them they look terrible. I've been using Ritz Camera recently.

Can APS camera users even get matte prints? I'd like to try them.

Originally posted by Olaf

Which firm? Just curious.

dotphoto.com

When I emailed them with a question they responded in less than 12 hours, Ophoto.com took almost 48 hours to answer same question. We just returned from WDW last night and I will be getting a "test" set of 10 or so prints in both matte and glossy finish to compare and rate. Thanks for all the replies!

I always get glossies. I just prefer the look. I do wipe them carefully with a soft cloth to remove the fingerprints before I add my page protector. :)

Please let us know what you find! My matte photos from Wal-Mart turned out really well....but I think I'm going to take the roll to Ritz to get some glossies made and decide which I prefer.

And I wasn't aware about the FujiCrystal Archive paper...Wal-Mart uses that. Hmmmmm...perhaps I didn't need to be spending all that $ after all for Ritz developing...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter