Scooters in Rome

SLK1

DIS Veteran
During the Viva Italia tour, is there anytime in Rome that you would be able to rent scooters and just drive around on those? What is the age requirement for driving them? Also, did anyone ever take a day trip to Pompeii, or is there just not time for that?

There is free time on the the 2nd and 3rd afternoon. We are flying in 2 days early to do the coast. We are taking a high speed train from Rome to Naples (1 and 1/2 hours) and then a car is meeting us at the Naples train station for the day. We have the driver for 9 hours and he will take us to Pompeii and the coast. 360 euro (booked last year.)

If you plan on driving in another country, look into getting an international driver's license.

If you plan to use a scooter, check your travel insurance carefully. Most won't cover you for this activity, and there have been some awful cases where tourists on scooters were seriously injured and left with many tens of thousands of dollars to pay in doctor's bills.

If you plan on driving in another country, look into getting an international driver's license.

I actually have one of those, which I obtained just for driving in Italy (I have driven in Italy for years with just my regular license, but last year read that one is required there so did obtain one. Luckily I went 20 years without incident!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter