• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Scissors on Board?

katmigordon

DIS Veteran
Are we allowed to bring scissors on board or will I be able to borrow a pair from Concierge? I'll precut my compression tubes, but I would like to be able to bring the roll to cut fresh if I have a situation arise where I need to replace the ones I bring. I don't like cutting too many ahead of time because it feels like they start to unravel the minute I cut them.

Are we allowed to bring scissors on board or will I be able to borrow a pair from Concierge? I'll precut my compression tubes, but I would like to be able to bring the roll to cut fresh if I have a situation arise where I need to replace the ones I bring. I don't like cutting too many ahead of time because it feels like they start to unravel the minute I cut them.
I've always brought scissors. Not big, sewing type scissors, more like smaller embroidery scissors. In checked bags.

Thank you. I think I might need something a little bigger than embroidery scissors but it still sounds like I should be ok.

I've always brought scissors. Not big, sewing type scissors, more like smaller embroidery scissors. In checked bags.

I would bet, if you're talking about a medical compression type fabric/tube, the folks in the medical department would have some bandage scissors and help you out.

This is brilliant! Thank you! I don't know why I didn't think of it - I think I'm just so bound and determined to avoid the med bay because I'm afraid of how much it costs. But surely they wouldn't charge me to cut my tube bandages, or borrow the shears so I can do it myself.

I would bet, if you're talking about a medical compression type fabric/tube, the folks in the medical department would have some bandage scissors and help you out.

I have a small pair of scissors that I’ve had since my kids were babies that are nail scissors to cut baby nails. They have a rounded tip but are super sharp and are the perfect travel size and are permanently packed in my toiletries bag. Here’s an example of what they look like:

LIVINGO Premium Manicure Rounded Tip Scissors Multi-purpose Stainless Steel Cuticle Pedicure Beauty Grooming Kit for Nail, Eyebrow, Eyelash, Dry Skin, Nose Hair 3.5 inch https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B079KRHDRT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_EWQJADS49QQ76CRC35KG

Last edited:

Small craft scissors such as for embroidery are fine. I brought them on our last cruise. The rules are similar if not the same as flying.

I always have a pair of scissors with a 3” blade in my first aid kit and have never had any problems with it, but my son had a larger pair that he uses to cut the ties on packaged toys at WDW and those were confiscated. He got them back at the end of the cruise, but it held up his suitcase for a while.

This is brilliant! Thank you! I don't know why I didn't think of it - I think I'm just so bound and determined to avoid the med bay because I'm afraid of how much it costs. But surely they wouldn't charge me to cut my tube bandages, or borrow the shears so I can do it myself.
If they give out sea sick meds for free, I wouldn't make sense for them to charge to cut the compression tubing for you. But those would be the most appropriate scissors for that. Otherwise, smaller sharp embroidery scissors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter