• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SciFi menu change?

Erin1700

<font color=purple>At least I am bragging about us
Heading back to Disney in October, we always go to the SciFi. We noticed that All Ears has an updated menu for the SciFi. Did they remove the Reuben sandwich? This was my husband's favorite!
Can anyone confirm this?

I was there on Sept 18. There was no Reuben sandwich on the menu. They now have "Pastrami-style" prime rib on rye with swiss and coleslaw.

Yep, no more Reube. Was there on the 17th. I think it has been gone a while. I would have ordered it again, too!

We are going there in 2 weeks, any other changes? My wife will be disappointed.

Yes ................ other when once when I tried to chew through the steak, Reuben was only thing I have ever ordered.

Been twice since and there is nothing I really want so I ate the appetizer wedge salad both times, it's good and plentiful.

DS still enjoys his burger and fries, just too much food for me.

I used to like their menu, but the new one seems more focused on burgers. We skipped it last trip, as nothing sounded that good to me.

I was there on Wednesday. No Rueben but the Beef and Blue burger was outstanding!

Hmmm, I've always thought they were a burger-focused place, even though there are a few other entrees.

Years ago, they had some great options, like salmon blt sandwich, a tofu veggie pasta dish, steak, and more variety it seemed. Now it's really burger oriented much more so.

SciFi changes their menu around fairly often, which is one of the reasons why we eat there on almost every trip. The food is consistently good and we appreciate menu evolution. I've enjoyed the reuben in the past too, but they have lots of other good options. My husband got a prime rib sandwich on our last trip which is described as follows:

Pastrami-style Smoked Prime Rib served on Grilled Marble Rye with Grain Mustard Coleslaw, Caramelized Onions, and Swiss Cheese

It was great and had I not known it was "prime rib" I would have sworn he was eating a reuben sans the sauerkraut of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter