Sci-Fi Seating

WDW4us2006

DIS Veteran
Hi
Can 7 people be seated in one of the cars? 5 adults and 2 kids. Are there tables available for larger parties? Wondering if it's better for our group to split up so we can sit in a car.
Thanks!

Depending on the size of the kids, 3 of them could fit in one "bench" in the car, then 2 adults in each of the other benches. 2 adults and 1 small child may fit in a bench- DH and I fit with my 2 year old (not for much longer!) or my 11 yo/ 14 yo/ 2 yo do all fit together. Depending on everyone's size, it may be a little less elbow room than someone would like. They do have tables that are sideways with the "hood" and "trunk" of the car at either end as well.

The largest cars are three benches and for us I can't imagine more than 2 per seat
unless three small kids, or one of your kids could use a high chair next to car.

There is a split car version for larger groups you would be comfortable in.

sci-fi-dine-in-theater-gallery07.jpg

From WDWMAGIC

Sci-Fi-Dine-In-Theater-Restaurant_Full_25795.jpg;width=1600;quality=60

But OP said they are 5 adults and 2 kids.
Whoops. Then it's a non-issue, 2 people per bench and there are cars that have 3 benches, so they'd even have room to make friends with a "hitchhiker" if they wanted to! I'm working on my May trip for 2 adults, 3 kids, and I just have that math stuck in my brain. Sorry!

Whoops. Then it's a non-issue, 2 people per bench and there are cars that have 3 benches, so they'd even have room to make friends with a "hitchhiker" if they wanted to! I'm working on my May trip for 2 adults, 3 kids, and I just have that math stuck in my brain. Sorry!
Three rows per car, each seating up to two adults.
They have 5 adults and 2 kids.
Unless the two kids are small enough to fit in the same row with one adult, this won't work in a standard car.
They would have to use the split car for a larger group, as @HopperFan suggested above.

Three rows per car, each seating up to two adults.
They have 5 adults and 2 kids.
Unless the two kids are small enough to fit in the same row with one adult, this won't work in a standard car.
3 small children fit in one bench. My 11 yo and 14 yo fit with plenty of room for a third child. Depends on how much elbow room anyone needs and the sizes of all of the kids. To be safe, I'd get the other table that has the chairs instead of the benches or I'd split my group into 2 parties. But it can be done.

We went with a group of 9 and they just gave us (parts of) 2 adjacent cars. If your group doesn't fit in 1 car I'd imagine your experience would be similar.

3 small children fit in one bench. My 11 yo and 14 yo fit with plenty of room for a third child. Depends on how much elbow room anyone needs and the sizes of all of the kids. To be safe, I'd get the other table that has the chairs instead of the benches or I'd split my group into 2 parties. But it can be done.
Whether it can be done comfortably, depends on the sizes of the specific people involved. In the OP's instance, they would have to have one adult in the same row with two kids, in order to fit the whole party in a standard car.

Like you, I'd also get the other table that has the chairs instead of the benches, or I'd split my group into 2 parties in adjacent cars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter