Sci-fi reservations loading later?

I've been out of the Disney planning loop since Jan 2020, so I had to come here and see what's going on with Dining. This morning is our first chance to book and I was only able to find one reservation we wanted the entire stay. Some days are returning only one available restaurant on all of property.
Is Sanaa really sold out?! That seems hard to believe.
I’ve seen Sanaa! Not often but it’s came up a few times. Try some different party numbers and times.

The system has had issues for months. I’ve had to go back & forth between searching for a specific time or “lunch” & “dinner”. I’ve had to go to the specific restaurant & click check availability before I could get my full trip dates show up. I’ve had to go between the website & the app. Making ADRs that used to take 20 minutes for a whole trip took me over an hour for our mid September trip.

And we’re in the time frame of making adrs for the anniversary weekend now. So the stress on the system & amount of people trying for adrs is tremendous. And Disney’s IT is absolutely horrible. Of course the issues are just magnified right now. Good luck to everyone.

That was me this morning too!! I was right on at 6am and by 7am I had only two adr's booked. I started with Sci-fi as well, and there was absolutely nothing.

That was me this morning too!! I was right on at 6am and by 7am I had only two adr's booked. I started with Sci-fi as well, and there was absolutely nothing.
That makes me feel better that you also didn’t see them. But sucks for both of us lol.
I have 2 different theories as to what’s going on, probably both wrong but I’ll throw them out there anyway.
1 Disney IT crippled their system trying to fix the issue of searching for odd number parties. Maybe it’s just me but I’m seeing way more availability for parties of 3 and 5 than even numbers. I find this odd because for a long time it’s been difficult to find ADRs for odd numbered parties and was suggested to book for4 instead of 3 or 6 instead of 5 as a common work around.
2 Disney is attempting to get ready to migrate to the genie app for the 50th and again it resulted in crippling the system.
I’m used to the system being difficult and having to try multiple ways such. I don’t really buy the system over worked theory just because I’ve been during super busy spring break/Easter periods when resorts are sold out basically resort wide so tons of competition as far as ADRs. They still have plenty of closed resort rooms so those staying off site can only book 1 day at a time. I’m doubtful it’s more bogged down than previous holiday or busy periods but I suppose possible.

That makes me feel better that you also didn’t see them. But sucks for both of us lol.
I have 2 different theories as to what’s going on, probably both wrong but I’ll throw them out there anyway.
1 Disney IT crippled their system trying to fix the issue of searching for odd number parties. Maybe it’s just me but I’m seeing way more availability for parties of 3 and 5 than even numbers. I find this odd because for a long time it’s been difficult to find ADRs for odd numbered parties and was suggested to book for4 instead of 3 or 6 instead of 5 as a common work around.
2 Disney is attempting to get ready to migrate to the genie app for the 50th and again it resulted in crippling the system.
I’m used to the system being difficult and having to try multiple ways such. I don’t really buy the system over worked theory just because I’ve been during super busy spring break/Easter periods when resorts are sold out basically resort wide so tons of competition as far as ADRs. They still have plenty of closed resort rooms so those staying off site can only book 1 day at a time. I’m doubtful it’s more bogged down than previous holiday or busy periods but I suppose possible.

I think IT definitely did something yesterday. I couldn't log into any restaurant specific pages whatsoever last night. The pages didn't even exist after I would attempt to log in until the system timed me out.

I think IT definitely did something yesterday. I couldn't log into any restaurant specific pages whatsoever last night. The pages didn't even exist after I would attempt to log in until the system timed me out.
It’s so bad right now! My last 2 searches 9/30 2pm not a single restaurant available for 4, change the party to 5 and I get results for 4 restaurants with openings. I get that it’s the anniversary weekend and all but this a joke…. And obviously completely inaccurate. But seems fitting for Disney to kick off anniversary festivities frustrating their clientele with IT issues :badpc:

Set up a watch.
Sci-Fi just unleashed 2 hours worth of reservations for my September dates. All during the extended hours which is our preferred dining time. I don't stay on property, but by using a watch, we always eat where we want! Good luck

Set up a watch.
Sci-Fi just unleashed 2 hours worth of reservations for my September dates. All during the extended hours which is our preferred dining time. I don't stay on property, but by using a watch, we always eat where we want! Good luck
Thanks! Looks like they are finally loaded! Just grabbed a reservation for the 2 days we will be at HS! Weren’t ideal times so I’ll set up a watch but we finally at least found some ADRs there :)

Thanks! Looks like they are finally loaded! Just grabbed a reservation for the 2 days we will be at HS! Weren’t ideal times so I’ll set up a watch but we finally at least found some ADRs there :)
Keep checking, I am getting alerts like crazy. They must be increasing capacity.
🙂

just logged into Disney and was able to grab a Sci Fi for 9/1 for 2. Seemed like there were quite a few times available. 50's Primetime also came up. So surprised, I grabbed it so fast. :rotfl: :rotfl:

just logged into Disney and was able to grab a Sci Fi for 9/1 for 2. Seemed like there were quite a few times available. 50's Primetime also came up. So surprised, I grabbed it so fast. :rotfl: :rotfl:
Awesome! I really think they were just late getting them in there. I searched for a couple days and saw just about everything else come up in my million searches but never sci-fi for any time or party size ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Awesome! I really think they were just late getting them in there. I searched for a couple days and saw just about everything else come up in my million searches but never sci-fi for any time or party size ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I had had one but it was for lunch and I really wanted a dinner one. I got the lunch one as soon as my 60 day window opened and hadn’t seen it since. I tried every trick too and it wouldn’t work. Haha

I'm so glad that people have mentioned using the website rather than the app. I tried to book this morning right at 6am in the app and it let me pick the date, time, and restaurant - but then it just circled. I switched over to the website, booked my reservations and when I was all done, the app was still circling on the first reservation I was trying to make. I would have been so frustrated if I hadn't known to ditch MDE and reserve through the website - so thanks to all of you who provide excellent advice!

Our 60 +10 opened and we were able to book SciFi for Oct 6th! It was not available at 6am, but opened far later today.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter