SCI-FI reservation with on 90 Min before FP

taraaplin

Mouseketeer
Because of our trip timing with Toy Story Land opening (our trip is July 2-9th). I was able to get Slinky in and RRC but it kinda interfered with our Sci Fi reservation. We have Sci Fi for 405. But RRC 435 (so 435-535) (so that gives us us 90 Min exactly right?) is that enough time? There is no changing it because then it will mess up Slinky. Ugh. What do you think. Is it doable to get in and out in 90 Min exactly?

Because of our trip timing with Toy Story Land opening (our trip is July 2-9th). I was able to get Slinky in and RRC but it kinda interfered with our Sci Fi reservation. We have Sci Fi for 405. But RRC 435 (so 435-535) (so that gives us us 90 Min exactly right?) is that enough time? There is no changing it because then it will mess up Slinky. Ugh. What do you think. Is it doable to get in and out in 90 Min exactly?

That depends on if you are seated right away. I think it is going to be very close, when you consider that and then making it over to RnR.

There typically is a 10 minute grace for after your FP time. I think it is 10 minutes, it may be 5. But still, I'm not a fan for trying to hurry through a meal at WDW, especially one that is an experience it itself.

We eat at Sci-Fi on every trip. The movie/trailer/cartoon loop is 42-45ish min, and it seems they try to keep the avg table turnover no longer than the loop. (Obvi, parties with children or varied app or dessert orders can run longer.) That said, if you get seated in a reasonable amount of time, you should be fine.

Although you can’t “count” on it, I believe the grace period is 15 min?
You also might have luck presenting your sci-fi receipt if you have to wait awhile. We had to do that once after waiting quite some time at BoG (waitress recommended we do so).

I've done something similar to this, but it was for Star Tours, which is much closer to Sci Fi. We lucked out and were seated promptly. We've also had a lot of luck with the 15 min grace period at the end of a FP window. If it were me, I'd still go for it. It's a bit tight, but I think you can do it if all goes well with seating and service speed for your ADR.

I would try to rope drop RNR instead. We always find we wait to be seated and the meal takes time as well plus you might not want to do that ride with a full stomach.

I agree with sharonabe....check into Sci-Fi @ 3:45.....the earlier you get seated, the more time you have to make your FP

I was able to play around with the fp and saw that slinky was overlapping RRC by 15. So I was able to change RRC to after slinky! So now we have a much better grace period. Reservation is 405. Slinky is 535-635. RRC is now 645 so we can sit and and enjoy the whole food experience without feeling rushed. I took the comment to heart about the meal being an experience itself! Especially seeing that my family only does a couple sit down and the rest counter service! Makes more sense! Now to figure out another must do table service for older boys who are are more introverted (minus the seven 7 old lol). Characters tend to make them a little uncomfortable at character meals lol lol. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Technically you should be fine, but a longer than normal wait to be seated of slow service could derail you pretty quickly. Check-in 15 or 20 minutes early for your meal and hopefully you will be seated close to your ADR time. You can also look at menus online ahead of time and have an idea of what you want to order, that will save you some time up front because you'll be ready to place your order for food when they take your drink order. My other tip to speed up TS is to ask for the bill early, i.e. after they have served your last course (i.e. when your entree comes if you aren't ordering dessert or when dessert is served). That way you aren't waiting after you finish eating for your server to come back and then asking for the bill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter