Sci fi question

disneycraz

Mouseketeer
If there are just two of us going to breakfast at the Sc Fi, will we be put in a car with another group, or do they have cars for just two people. TIA...

Good chance you will be since the cars have two seats but they are front and back so you won't be sharing a table with them.

You could ask to sit at one of the picnic tables in the back of the room, though I've never actually seen anyone sitting in them.

You'll probably sit with another group in a car, it'll depend on how busy they are.
The cars all have, I want to say, 3 or 4 rows of 2 seats in them. We're always a party of 2, it's not awkward at all with another group in front of or behind you, it's not like you're all at a big table together or anything. You're not really talking at all because of the movies, and you're further away from each other than you'd think because of the counter in front of you.

The cars I've been in have had three rows in them. We're a party of 3, so we've almost always had a group of two added to the car. Because the rows face forward, you don't really see/interact with the other groups. There are picnic tables in the back (usually seat 4); you'll have to request one becaus guests with ADRs are mostly seated in the cars and walk-ups are seated at the picnic tables.

Agree with all. Cars have two or three seats and you will be placed in one seat. We've shared often, works out fine. I think part is because it is pretty dark in there so not much awareness of each other.

Last edited:
I have always gone as a party of two and have always been placed in the back of a car, you are the hitchhikers to a group of 3 or 4. Never had a problem with it. Since it is quiet and dark, most people are watching the sci-fi clips and not having much conversation anyway. Enjoy!

I have always gone as a party of two and have always been placed in the back of a car, you are the hitchhikers to a group of 3 or 4. Never had a problem with it. Since it is quiet and dark, most people are watching the sci-fi clips and not having much conversation anyway. Enjoy!

Totally agree. It's just my husband and me and we've enjoyed Sci Fi a lot (the burgers are really good - oh and they have beer). We;ve been seated first and been the drivers, and we've been seated last and been in the back seat (note - someone recently complained about the use of the term hitchhikers). While the seats are for two, you can still hear some of the others' conversations but if you aren't part of their group, you just sit back, relax, enjoy and watch the movies and talk to your partner. What we do is "introduce" ourselves to our carmates and then let them decide on the "interaction". Or, you could just say, "we're John and Mary from X state and we're just here for the food and the movies" and then that's it.

Th
If there are just two of us going to breakfast at the Sc Fi, will we be put in a car with another group, or do they have cars for just two people. TIA...
Thanks everyone for your comments and pictures. It has been many many years since we ate at the Sci Fi, and there were more than just the two of us. Looks like it will work out fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter