School is driving me nuts.

The guidance office screwed with my schedule before I was even in school a week. All because they insisted I be in an adaptive PE class (which I took in junior high and I hated it). They put me in electives I didn't even want, and put me in a lunch without my sister or any of my friends. After almost a month of going down there at least once a week to see how things were going, they finally got everything back to almost normal. None of my teachers are really that crazy, and they all seem to like me, so I don't really have any problems yet. Spanish III isn't too difficult...Global History II's a cakewalk...I'm doing surprisingly well in Bio...Algebra II/Trig is going to be the death of me...and Sophomore English is surprisingly easy.

AP English. :/ I have to read The Scarlett Letter and I'm only on Chapter 3 and there's a test tomorrow. That class doesn't assign a lot of work, but I don't really understand the material all that much.

I have a test in ASL tomorrow and I suck at watching people sign stories and then having to answer questions. :/

I'm going nuts. our bio teacher is soooo confusing! and she ALWAYS compares us to her other class [and not in a good way! :/] she'll always tell us how much better they did on some project that was assigned to us both; and it gets really annoying after a while. and she just assigned us all a project where the directions are extremely CONFUSING. even the smartest guy in the class didn't get them! you should've seen how many facebook statuses there were saying, "does anybody get biology?" or "can someone help me on biology?" :/

My Honors US1 Class is actually an AP class. Why can't they just call it that? When people ask what classes I take, I want to get recognized for all of the work I put in to the class. Someone give me a cookie!

Love my science teacher she is very fair, I also love my English class.

French sucks. My teacher speaks with an american accent, and makes up a bunch of words.

Let's see.

Maths;

-I sit by the most annoying couple in my year. >.<
-I sit behind the most stuck up guy in my year.
-I sit in front of the loudest person in the school.

English;

-My teacher has hated me since last year.
-The person I sit by is kinda smelly.
-First project of the year is on Romeo & Juliet. yay.

Welsh;
(you are all lucky you do not have to suffer this awful class.)

-My teacher had to leave a week after school started, so we know have a pushy, annoying teacher for the rest of the year.
-Next week we have to present something to the class. We've had exactly ONE WEEK to get ready.
-I'm in a class with the creepiest scene kid ever.

my fundamentals of nursing exam is going to kick my behindddddd tomorrow.
not too excited about that :/

got an 89 on my other nursing exam last week though!

Psychology is terrible lol. The teacher is way too old and goes off on a tangent almost everyday.

On the first day of school she decided to talk to us about women envying a certian male body part...lol.
LOL. That DOES have something to do with psychology though. :goodvibes
Eh, its actually not too bad this year. I know it could be much worse.

But what I do hate is my 8am micro-bio class M/W with labs on friday mornings

Now that I'm an 'upperclassman' I got to choose classes that werent at miserable times, ect.
It's the opposite here. The more major specific your classes get, the harder they are to get at good times because there's usually only going to be 2-3 times to choose from. General ed. classes usually have tons and tons of choices.

It's the opposite here. The more major specific your classes get, the harder they are to get at good times because there's usually only going to be 2-3 times to choose from. General ed. classes usually have tons and tons of choices.

Agreed. My classes are at the most random times because there's only a few sections of them. Example: micro only meets MW, either 415-530 or 540-655. human development is only M or T, 4-630 or 7-930. nursing is only T, 830-1130 or 1-4. its awful and very inconvenient.

Courtney, GOOD LUCK! And CONGRATS! Tell me more about your classes please! I know we talk with all the other nurses on the CB thread, but you're the only girl I know who's young and still in college, LOL! All I'm taking now is Med Terms, which is pretty much just words like "steno", "hepat", "leuk", etc.

Its ok.

Except for Chemistry.

I absolutely hate that class.

My schedule is great, I find Trigonometry to be very simple so far, and my English class is a piece of cake. History there is just a lot of work, I have an 8 page term paper due by the 24th of October... not to mention I have an essay due every week.

Psychology is terrible lol. The teacher is way too old and goes off on a tangent almost everyday.

On the first day of school she decided to talk to us about women envying a certian male body part...lol.

um. there are whole college classes devoted to theories like that. that is psychology. while freud isn't widely accepted any more, the steps he made in the field have transcended psychology, sociology, and physiology, and he will appear in any good class over those general topics. :confused3

Courtney, GOOD LUCK! And CONGRATS! Tell me more about your classes please! I know we talk with all the other nurses on the CB thread, but you're the only girl I know who's young and still in college, LOL! All I'm taking now is Med Terms, which is pretty much just words like "steno", "hepat", "leuk", etc.

haha thank you :)

My classes are ridiculous. The readings are the worst I think. There is just so much to read, and you need to read it before class. Nursing tests are hard.. they give you all correct answers, but one is the best. So even if you answered "b" and that is technically correct, "d" might be a better answer, so you're wrong.
Communication is my one class not a nursing class/requirement. It's not too hard, just boring and time-consuming .. blah
Microbiology is boring but really hard (maybe just my Prof.). Her lectures drone, her powerpoints make zero sense. Lab sucks too. I'm really bad with microscopes though so that probably doesn't help hahaha.
Human Development .. oh what to say. It's my least favorite, but only because of my professor. He hardly ever shows up, but when he does he just rambles. Makes no correlations to the book so it's like self-teaching.. with 50 page chapters. *headache*.
My Intro to Nsg class is good. Lots of reading, but interesting. That's the exam I have in 11 hours (eeeeeeek).
Health Assessment is just what it sounds like, assessing patients. We move by systems, and the reading totally sucks. It goes into background of the A&P of each system, then explains how to assess. It's a TON of memorization.
Nursing Lab is pretty cool. We have partners and just practice what we're learning.. vitals, ear/eye/nose assessments, bed baths (well we don't give them really hah), things like that.
Clinical is getting better. The first few weeks we just met at the school and talked in our groups. Then we did orientation at the hospital, toured etc. My first day I wanted to run and hide in the bathroom even though we were partnered up. It was very scary but I did it! And last week was better. So not too bad yet haha.

Hope you're enjoying your classes & Good Luck! I wish I did CNA training when I was in high school. In MA if you have X #of clinical hours as a nursing student, you can sit for the test, so I might do that this summer.

Ah well back I go to studying!

Spanish 3;;
it's first hour. my teacher is freaking psychotic and wayyy to hyper to be a first hour teacher. the only thing i've gotten out of the class in the past months are 2 F's on tests. . .

American History;;
love this class. other than the fact that the guy who sits behind me also coughs so hard and loud it sounds like he'll cough up a lung one of these days.

Creative Writing;;
this teacher loves contradicting herself. plus she can't explain an assignment one time..normally it takes her 5 times for the whole class to understand because she's so confusing.

Algebra 2;;
other than the fact the teacher is the cheerleading coach and she likes cheering about math, i'm actually doing pretty decent in this class.

American Literature;;
i'm friends with one person..and the teacher likes wearing high heeled EVERYTHING since she's only 4'11". no more comment.

Health;;
love the teacher, hate the kids in the class.

Studyhall;;
it's studyhall, you can't say much.

Holocaust;;
love this class. nothing to complain about.

--I dread going to school though. Why? Because then that means I have volleyball after school. And I hate having so much homework after school because I always feel rushed and stressed with volleyball. But once I'm done with volleyball I may actually like school. ;]

Here's my breakdown (in order of my schedue):

Honors English: LOVE this class. Love my teacher, the books we're reading, everything. HOWEVER, I have a project due Tuesday that I've procrastonated on... :headache: I knoiw it's my fault, but still.. OH! And I have a final on Lord of the Flies Tuesday as well. Tomorrow is our discussion over the book.

American Gov't: I'm learning nothing. It's a total throw-away class. My teacher goes off on these REALLY random segways in the middle of our discussions. We never get past our Beginnin of Period (BOP) Activity, meaning I get extra homework.

Intro to Theatre: Prob my fav class. I love my teacher. But for a project, which is our audition for our class play, I'm paired with this guy who keeps cursing at me and calling me the b-word. I'm going to talk to Ms. A. tomorrow!

Spanish 101: Love this class! My teacher is amazing, and I'm learning lots, plus retaining information! No complaints here.

Women's Choir: ove this class as well. Our first concert is Tuesday!!! :scared1: :eek: I hope we're ready! We'll see how tomorrow's rehersal goes...

Honors Earth Science: Love my teacher. I'm having a blast in this class. And we get to go to Dinosaur Ridge on Oct. 26. It's in Colorado, and it's like some place with lots of fossils. I'm so excited to go because although I've lived in CO for 11 years and live not that far FROM Dinosaur Ridge, I've never been.

Honors Geometry: Love it. My teacher's really cute too. He's young; he's like 27 or something. I'm understanding everything! :cool1:

All in all, High School isn't nearly as hard as I'd thought it would be. I just need to stop procrastinating... :rolleyes1
I enjoy school, so I'm having a blast! :goodvibes

I know. :P
um. there are whole college classes devoted to theories like that. that is psychology. while freud isn't widely accepted any more, the steps he made in the field have transcended psychology, sociology, and physiology, and he will appear in any good class over those general topics. :confused3
um. yeah, she wasn't really attributing it to a certain theory, per say, but actually just talking about it in a sense that was extremely...odd. there have been others things discussed in the class, such as people inventing a drug to cure "gayness and then everyone would be able to take it so there would be no more gay people."

haha thank you :)

My classes are ridiculous. The readings are the worst I think. There is just so much to read, and you need to read it before class. Nursing tests are hard.. they give you all correct answers, but one is the best. So even if you answered "b" and that is technically correct, "d" might be a better answer, so you're wrong.
Communication is my one class not a nursing class/requirement. It's not too hard, just boring and time-consuming .. blah
Microbiology is boring but really hard (maybe just my Prof.). Her lectures drone, her powerpoints make zero sense. Lab sucks too. I'm really bad with microscopes though so that probably doesn't help hahaha.
Human Development .. oh what to say. It's my least favorite, but only because of my professor. He hardly ever shows up, but when he does he just rambles. Makes no correlations to the book so it's like self-teaching.. with 50 page chapters. *headache*.
My Intro to Nsg class is good. Lots of reading, but interesting. That's the exam I have in 11 hours (eeeeeeek).
Health Assessment is just what it sounds like, assessing patients. We move by systems, and the reading totally sucks. It goes into background of the A&P of each system, then explains how to assess. It's a TON of memorization.
Nursing Lab is pretty cool. We have partners and just practice what we're learning.. vitals, ear/eye/nose assessments, bed baths (well we don't give them really hah), things like that.
Clinical is getting better. The first few weeks we just met at the school and talked in our groups. Then we did orientation at the hospital, toured etc. My first day I wanted to run and hide in the bathroom even though we were partnered up. It was very scary but I did it! And last week was better. So not too bad yet haha.

Hope you're enjoying your classes & Good Luck! I wish I did CNA training when I was in high school. In MA if you have X #of clinical hours as a nursing student, you can sit for the test, so I might do that this summer.

Ah well back I go to studying!

It gets easier once you get used to them. It took me 'till sophomore year of high school to get the hang of it.

I feel bad for one of my friends at school. He has 3 hours of spanish every other morning.

It gets easier once you get used to them. It took me 'till sophomore year of high school to get the hang of it.

I feel bad for one of my friends at school. He has 3 hours of spanish every other morning.

haha yeah I'm a sophomore in college.. it's just not gonna happen. I've used microscopes since the 8th grade. I've given up any hope that I will get any better.

ETA here's my update. So last week things are going really well, got A+s on two of my papers, happy with my exam grades .. things look awesome!
Alas, as soon as I feel my head above water, back comes all the work. :/
Labs, notes, readings, midterms and quizzes this week! And of course I am home for the long weekend, but visiting with friends, working 18 hours and pretty much doing everything except school work! I hate coming home because I get NOTHING accomplished!!

On one hand, I can't believe it's already October 11th; I feel like it's gone by really fast. At the same time, I still have over 2 full months til finals and I don't know how I'm gonna make it!! :scared1:

IB History of the Americas HL I: We had to take notes on 64 pages about the Civil War and write an essay. All of it was assigned on Friday and due tomorrow. We have an ongoing project where we have to make a 1-2 week presentation on a war and I'm stuck with a partner I seriously can't stand. But my teacher is amazingly awesome.

Math: This class seriously isn't that bad. My teacher can be funny but he doesn't know how to grade. e.o

Psychology: I love this class. It's really easy and my teacher is hilarious.

English: This class is way too easy. Seriously. It's sad when I know all the vocab words before they're assigned. I'm over a month ahead in outside reading.

Spanish 3: It's not too bad. We basically read, watch movies, and take tests. Pretty much if you study, you get an A.

IB Biology HL I: xsHIJDEOIJDEOIEDIJdshu It's complicated and the labs make no sense.

Oddly, school hasn't been that bad this year. Luckily I only have four classes I actually do anything, although they all are pretty tough. The other three are basically free periods for me (gym, weight lifting, study hall). I've only had one bit of drama go down so far this school year, which happened Sunday but I took care of it today and now everything is back how it should be. Yeah, the test and homework suck, but it's expected. I guess I just don't mind school anymore. Oh yeah, waking up sucks, though.

I am LOVING school, oh the life a hospitality major.

Statistics: More of a pain in my *** than any of my other classes, I have come to the fact that I WILL make a C in this class, and I will survive that. All is well though, and so far it is a high C...79% :)

The Human Species: Don't even have to go, make a hundred on every test. Its that easy. A+

Humanities: Very interesting. Mainly discussions, one worksheet every class. One research paper due in December that I am half way done with. Can't complain. B+

Introduction to Hospitality: Favorite class ever. I get to read about hotels, restaurants, drinks, and Disney World...oh and I get graded on it :cloud9:
A+

Introduction to Leadership: Easy easy easy class for this organization I am in. 100 on everything so far. A+

I love love love college...so far lol.

my teachers suck (esp. my math), theres so much drama with my friends, i have buttloads of homework all the time, my school is 1000 degrees, 95% are stoners, i wanna kill myself in gym class annnnnnnnnd it's exactly the same as last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter