Schlitterbahn

qa4ever

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been to Schlitterbahn and wondering what the "Touring Plan" should be?

Thinking for the new section if we want to boogie board that should be first and then the power tower and then dragon's challenge?

Or is there a better order?

What about the old section? Planning one day in each park/part.

Been a long time since we did it but if things have not changed dramatically then you can sort of do the parks 1&2 on one day and 3&4 on another. That's how they are set up physically. Back in the day to get between 1/2 and 3/4 there was a tram you would ride as they were to far apart to walk. 1/2 you can hardly tell that they are different while 3 and 4 are more seperated. If it's still the same set up that's how I would approach it.

Hit the most popular first as they stack up really quick. Then spend the hotter afternoon on the longer tube rides where you are just floating the paths.

Get there at opening. Master Blaster is still pretty popular and that’s in the newer park. I would go on that first then all the other big rides there.

I opened this thread thinking it was about a German beer or something. Sorry, I’m no help at all, but I hope you have fun!

Been going there for 20-plus years. The old park has all the charm. Get there before opening (15 minutes) to get a good table for your stuff. We never bother with lockers. Nobody will tamper with your stuff at the tables. We set up our picnic table at the original (old) park, ride the big tube rides there at opening, have an early lunch then head over to the other park(s) on the shuttle. Leave your things at the table and pick it up at the end of the day. You can do Schlitterbahn all in one day easily, so if you have two to spend you will be more than fine.

Schlitterbahn was just sold. I'm sure it will be ruined soon enough, but hopefully not in the next few months or so.

Pro tips: Follow the stairs all the way down to the bottom level of the park by the river. Those are the best tables for shade throughout the day. Also, the Blastpass is worth purchasing if it's an exceptionally crowded day. We started doing Blastpass in the last couple years on heavily crowded days. Otherwise, Sunday is the best day to visit historically for us. The New Braunfels park is really a locals park at heart and they don't show up until after 12pm on Sundays. Sunday mornings are great.

One more tip: A disposable tablecloth makes it easy to find your table in a sea of picnic tables at the end of the day.

Thinking for the new section if we want to boogie board that should be first and then the power tower and then dragon's challenge?
Beware... I lost my top on Boogie Bahn and my bottoms on Dragon's Revenge. Thankfully, on different days. Dragon's Revenge is the ultimate wedgie machine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter