schedule up...

...that Fantasmic is closed for refurbishment the week we go... Somebody please tell me that it's not different enough from WDW's (we've seen it at MGM) for us to be disappointed about... ARGH!!!:mad:

Thanks for the update...This is a serious bummer!

Week of October 15th:

<li>Splash Mountain
<li>it's a small world
<li>King Arthur Carrousel
<li>Fantasmic!

Sorry to say that Fantasmic! is significantly better than at WDW. DL is a little less intimate, but so much bigger. Something so nice about the the riverboat and the Columbia in the show.

it's a small world will expectedly be down for the holiday makeover, but seems odd that the Carrousel will also be down at the same time. They are both such significant elements of a kid's visit.

Things could always change....

They can't do this.. I have been planning for months to do the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet and now Fantasmic will be down for rehab when we go in Oct!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I am so mad I could spit.

Small World will always be closed in October. They do a substantial re-fitt for the Christmas season which runs through all of November and January.

OK, I'm a little bit slow this morning. Where exactly is the refurb list? I go to the link posted and it brings up the daily schedule but doesn't list refurbs. Is there a specific part that I need to be looking at? Thanks :wave:

Misty,
If you select the schedule for the dates you are going, it will list hours and then down towards the bottom you'll see Refurbishment Schedule which list any being done on those specific days. Hope this helps:)

I know how you feel about the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet not being available. I think they've since changed the ps arrangements, but back on May 4th, my husband got in line at 5 a.m. to get the final 4 seats for the 9:00 show. Of course that same day, "the tree" fell in Frontierland & sent 27 people to the er (how many of you even saw this in the paper?) Although we were relieved no one was seriously injured, the 9:00 show was cancelled, & of course the 10:30 was already spoken for...I don't know if we'll ever get there...

Add Country Bear Jamboree to the list. According to westcoaster.net, it is soundling like CBJ will be closing permanently at the beginning of September.

You could also add Haunted Manson to the list. Per this web site its down starting the beginng of September due to their getting it ready for Oct 1 due to halloween (or something pretaining to halloween).

Woops its Nightmare Before Christmas. Thanks WDW2002.

Originally posted by Minybear
You could also add Haunted Manson to the list. Per this web site its down starting the beginng of September due to their getting it ready for Oct 1 due to halloween (or something pretaining to halloween).

More like Christmas in Halloween Town :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter