Scene+ Program

What I have noticed in the flyer is that they have upped their spend threshold amounts on products again. That is where I might find myself not earning many points as I always have, and will continue to, not chase points.

The Sobeys app changed magically overnight as well. Similar to the old one, there will be targeted offers, similar to My Offers, you can load from the app. When I click on it, it says great offers, coming soon.

I will give it a try but it may make more sense to shop at cheaper stores instead of chasing points. Looking forward to seeing the whole program.

Just going through the flyer and it looks like being a Scene+ member will get you some instant savings so worth signing up even if you don't think you will collect enough points to redeem for anything.

Last edited:
I have the Scotiabank Gold Amex and have almost $4K saved up for our trip next month! I'm looking forward to this change as Sobeys is our our primary grocery store. Looking to see how this change will increase points collection with this credit card!

Scene+ Points for credit Reward​

Spend your points on credit​

How It Works​

Give yourself some credit. Use your Scene+ points for an account credit on participating Scotiabank debit and credit cards.
Are you a Quebec resident who had a Scotia Rewards Program Card^? Please call 1-866-586-2805 before making a redemption over $100.

Select an amount
$20
3,000 pts
$30
4,500 pts
$50
7,500 pts
$75
11,000 pts
$100
14,500 pts
$150
21,500 pts
$300
43,000 pts
$500
71,500 pts

So how does this work?
I have a Scotia scene Visa
Am I redeeming a credit that would then be applied to the credit card?

Thanks Hugs Mel

Freshco is where I usually use my Sobeys gift cards. It will be part of the Scene+ program soon in Ontario. I am happy about this since it’s not included in Airmiles and it has lower, more reasonable prices.
I wonder if they will have instore deals like at Sobeys & Foodland?

Hugs Mel
PS I have a Fresh Co very close to home.

Ok I found the
Terms & Conditions
For
Terms
Points for Credit: You can use your Scene+ Points for a credit on participating Scotiabank debit card and credit card accounts that earn Scene+ Points (the “Eligible Scotiabank Scene+ Card Accounts”). Once the request to redeem Points for Credit has been submitted, you cannot cancel the request and no changes can be made. It may take up to 2-3 business days, following a request to redeem Points for Credit, for the credit to appear on the eligible Scotiabank Scene+ debit card account, and up to 5 business days for the credit to appear on the eligible Scotiabank Scene+ credit card account. Your Eligible Scotiabank Scene+ Card Account must be open at the time the credit is applied to the account to receive any Points for Credit.
For credit cards: Points for Credit redemptions will be applied towards the balance of the credit card account, and not towards a particular transaction. Please note that even if you redeem for Points for Credit you are still responsible for making any monthly minimum payment applicable to your eligible Scotiabank Scene+ credit card account by your payment due date.

See the applicable “Points for Credit” section of the “Additional Terms and Conditions for Scotiabank Visa Cardmembers”, “Additional Terms and Conditions for Scotiabank American Express Cardmembers”, or “Additional Terms and Conditions for Scotiabank Debit Cardmembers” for details.

Hugs Mel

So check my math please
If I did what I bought today
Atlantic Canada Flyer
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/sobeys-atlantic-flyer-august-11-to-171/all
8 boxes Prime chicken 2,000 Points
5 packages of bacon 1,000 Points
total points would be 3,000 Points
= $20 debit or cash credit right?

With Airmiles currently here in Ont it would be
300 Airmiles
= $30 cash OR Dream Airmiles .................. except I wouldn't be able to utilize it for actual cash in terms of a debit/credit card?

Hmmmmm lots to think about

Hugs Mel

It would be great if someone using the Atlantic Sobeys flyer for Scene+
could post how long it takes for the Points to be added to their account.

We all know it can take quite awhile for Airmiles to post sometimes.
I love my Rexall Be Well as it is usually updated overnight.

Hugs
Mel

I wonder if they will have instore deals like at Sobeys & Foodland?

Hugs Mel
PS I have a Fresh Co very close to home.
I wonder too. Freshco is closer for me as well.

BTW just found out the Foodland close by is closing on October 1. Sobeys and Foodland are getting farther and farther from my reach.

I just got the Scotiabank Platinum Amex so am curious about Scene+. I hadn’t intended to chase points intensively especially since I mostly shop at the Superstore so will see if there are any enticing deals. I like that I can easily redeem points for any travel purchase. Or movies or a lot of restaurants. The points for credit did not look like a good redemption value.

How is Scene + different from Scene. Is there an annual fee? I don't pay fees for my credit cards as I'm not a big spender and it really doesn't benefit me.

How is Scene + different from Scene. Is there an annual fee? I don't pay fees for my credit cards as I'm not a big spender and it really doesn't benefit me.
Hi Hon
I think it just a rebranding of their old Scene program with new added sponsors.
Have a look here. Many people are trying to decide if it's a program that will work for them.
I'm not decided yet as it will take time for them to roll out their new program and for me to see if it fits me, I know many people have switched over to PC Points.
I think the best program is a place or places where you regularly shop.

https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/personal/programs-services/sceneplus-rewards.html#:~:text=What is Scene+?,Scotiabank credit and debit cards.

Hi all! Just back from my first Sobeys Scene+ shop! I managed to do a few offers.

Spend $100, earn 1500 pts
Spend $50, earn 500 pts
Spend $25 on Compliments products, earn 250 pts
Bounty paper towels x 2, 250 pts
Goldfish crackers x 2, 100 pts
Total spend/pts = $116.51 / 2,850 pts

I earned 74 pts on a prescription ($12.54)

Also, if you have the Scene card already saved into your Apple Wallet, there are some bugs using it at Sobeys. Pharmacist had to manually type it in. I didn't know that at the time. If you have the Sobeys app with the card linked, you can use it from there instead, which is what I use at the check out.

Points were not immediately added to my account. I will post back once the points have been added so we can see how long the posting delay is.

I didn't even think to check my app offers! Nothing I would have purchased this time anyways. Some of my offers are:

Spend $5 on grapes / 50 pts
Buy 2 EGGO waffles / 100 pts
Buy 1 McCain Sweet Potato fries / 50 pts

Now, these could be larger points amounts for the first week...who knows.

Last edited:
Freshco is where I usually use my Sobeys gift cards. It will be part of the Scene+ program soon in Ontario. I am happy about this since it’s not included in Airmiles and it has lower, more reasonable prices.

If you want make better use of your points, on the Scene+ app if you redeem your points for a Sobeys e-gift card it is only 900 pts / $10 vs. in-store redemption of 1000 pts / $10.

I just saw that as of October 1st, the Scotiabank Gold Amex is going up to 6 points for every dollar spent at Sobeys (and all affiliate stores). That means for every dollar I spend, I get $0.06 back.

Also with the card, the redemption is 100 points per dollar, if I redeem it on a travel related purchase. So my points go a lot further than the tiers everyone is comparing to the current airmiles program.

One way I use this as a benefit for my Disney vacations is I buy all my Disney gift cards at Sobeys to pay off my room, tickets, etc. If my room costs $5000, I earn 6% back by buying my gift cards at Sobeys and calling Disney to apply the payments. By doing this I earn $300 of points to apply to any travel related expense on my credit card from the last 12 months.

I'm really stoked for this new partnership between Sobeys and Scene+ as I really think I'll be able to earn points much faster than used to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter