Scan tickets into app

zmpayne

Earning My Ears
I will be arriving in Anaheim on Friday morning and going to the parks Saturday-Monday. When I get my tickets on Friday, should I go ahead and scan them into the app for the entire weekend or do I have to wait until I get to the park that day? Sorry if this has been answered before! Used to the magic bands at WDW!

Also, we have MaxPass already purchased. Should that show up once I have scanned the tickets to my app?

You can scan them into the app as soon as you have your tickets. Are you picking up physical tickets when you arrive (such as when booked with a package)? If not and you have e-tickets already with a barcode you can actually scan those in now.

If you purchased tickets with MaxPass that will be coded into the ticket and you should be able to book your first MP as soon as your ticket has been scanned into one of the parks at an entrance gate (assuming you've already scanned the tickets into the app as well).

I scanned my ticket into my phone the moment my friend sent them to me through my email! Mainly because I was super excited, but I also wanted to make sure I had some backups just in case anything happened and I needed to access the tickets in a different manner.

... but I also wanted to make sure I had some backups just in case anything happened and I needed to access the tickets in a different manner.
Take a screen shot of your email tickets (with a clear image of the bar code and numbers) and email that to yourself and to another trusted person. That will be another backup, just in case the app eats your tickets . (That has happened, very rarely, to DISers -- so having at least one other non-app copy of your tickets can help in case of emergency.)

Take a screen shot of your email tickets (with a clear image of the bar code and numbers) and email that to yourself and to another trusted person. That will be another backup, just in case the app eats your tickets . (That has happened, very rarely, to DISers -- so having at least one other non-app copy of your tickets can help in case of emergency.)
Ah! Good idea. I'll definitely do that now. I had no idea the app could do that, but it makes sense given how technology can be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter