SB - Xyron

Tiger Fan

<font color=deeppink>Survivor<br><font color=teal>
I have the Xyron 850 model and am just feeling like it's too much for me. I seldom take it out and when I use it I feel like it's overkill. I now see the 500 and 510 models and am itching for these, but can't justify it. Anyone have any or both of these and can give me some comparisons? Anyone think they would use the bigger model and want to upgrade?

Lisa

I have the 850, the 500, the little sticker maker, and I just bought the 510. (I got the 500 & sticker maker as gifts.) I only bought the 510 'cuz I want the flexibility of the laminating, magnet, etc. and it was half off at JoAnn Etc. (down to $49) and then I used a 50% off coupon and got it for $25. I've also put my 500 up on ebay LOL!

Anyway, I like the 850 for putting adhesive/laminating on the larger pieces of paper that wouldn't fit through the 500. I actually wish I'd bought the 1250, but it wasn't available when I got the 850.

So, obviously I'm keeping 3 of my Xyrons -- but I only bought the 510 'cuz it was such a good deal.

I could have gotten the 500 today at AC Moore for around $20 and almost bought it, but I think I really might prefer the 510 and didn't want to start accumulating xyrons (even though you may be on to something :) ).

Lisa

I have the 1200 & 510. You need them both. Use 510 for smaller pieces & the 1200 for larger pieces that won't fint in 510. If you have just a large one, you may be wasting alot if you just want to crank thru a small item.

Also love to laminate stuff - like notes we takes on WDW trips (park hours & PS times, ressie #'s.....).

I too got the 510 at Joanne's for $25.00. Seemed like a great deal.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea who has the *best* prices on the cartridges? Which type do you use the most?

Also, if anyone could share their ideas on projects that would be great. I have reorganized my pictures on the refrigerator, changing all of them into magnets. It looks so nice now! The laminating idea sounds like a great idea too. Any other ideas???

Deb :smooth:

I was wondering what is a good starter Xyron? I am a avid scrapbooker and I love working with my 12x12 albums although.
Any advice would be great.
Tracy

I bought the 500 for my dd. I thought it was going to be really cool (she is 8).....and I think it is a piece of junk really. I bought an extra cartridge. Good thing I did...the one that it came with...the paper and sticky stuff is all a mess.....I don't know how to thread it right...so I just put the new one in. Now this one is doing the same thing. Anyone have any hints??? What is the difference between the 500 and 510?? Maybe I should just take this back and get the 510??? It is really just for playing with and making stickers.....we aren't into scrapping or anything...
Thanks for your opinions...Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter