SB: Where do I find Mickey Hole Punch

Ted and Holly

This login is used by Ted only, please refer to Ju
We're back from our vacation, and making my Christmas list full of scrapbooking materials. Where can I find a Mickey Ear paper punch???

Holly

What else should be on my must-have Christmas list?

I have seen them at Michaels, some stores have a much better selectin than others. Good Luck.

I've seen one at WalMart. I've also seen them at specialty scrapbook stores when I've been in Texas (which I think must be the scrapbook capitol of the world! :D )
As far as what else you should put on your list- What do you have so far? Do you need equipment or paper and stuff?

I just got done making my Christmas List,

I have Disney backgrounds and a couple of idea books. On my list I put a 12 by 12 scrapbook, a starter kit, a Fiskars cutting tool, an exacto knife, templates, glue special tape, and of course a Mickey Mouse paper punch!

Anything else I need to add for my first try??? I have stickers and got some cool shaped postcards, and took lots of pictures.

Holly

I really like the fat alphabet templates. I use a couple of mine a lot to do titles.

I like Disney coloring books to use as patterns for paper piecing.

Packages of solid colored cardstock.

I LOVE my chalks, for adding shading to die cuts and paper piecing.

Did you mention pens? You need at least a black one.

That should about do it. :D

A 12 inch paper cutter is a must. I quickly found that out when I started. You can always cut small with a big but you can't cut big with a small.

My local scrapbook store has a gift registry. I listed all my nice to haves. I don't know if any of my family will take advantage of it, but it will be a nice surpass if they do.

A word of warning: Take a good look and SPECIFY which starter kit you want. Some of them are really just filled with junk borders and frames you wouldn't be caught dead using! LOL!!
Also my advice is to start kind of easy. Don't try to make it too elaborate or you'll get frustrated. My personal opinion is that less in the background tends to make the picture stand out more.
Have fun and good luck!:)

OH! I forgot to add this- Ask for a bag too to store stuff in. ( unless you have a craft area all ready for scrapping.) I LOVE my Crop in Style Jr. bag.

I would skip the starter kit all together - I paid $50 for mine and have used nothing that was in it - I don't even think I will use the album as it is very poor quality - the die cuts are horrible and I don't use patterned scissors, about the only thing I used out of it was cardstock and the gluestick.
I would spend the same $50 on

a nice album - personally I like Dalee $25
pack of coordinating cardstock - I bought a pack of Memory Makers Country Patch, but whatever colors work with your pictures $15
Hermafix repositionable $10

if you have a little more money then you could add some stickers (I like Me and My Big Ideas) or DieCut/Cut Outs - Things like Fresh Cuts or Accent-U-Art are nice, but really you can do some lovely pages with just cardstock.

You can get templates, but it's just as easy (if not easier) to print out titles using your pc and you get to choose from 1000's of fonts - you can print on the reverse of the paper and cut out and noone will see your lines and it looks just like you have traced it with a template.

Hope that helps

Bev

Thanks for all the suggestions! It looks like I have a few things to add to my list. I'm thinking about buying a big Rubbermaid container to keep all my supplies in. Right now, the few things I've bought are all over the house!!

My parents told me they were SO amazed at the selection of Scrapping Materials and how "complicated" it looked when they went to buy me some presents!!! I'm so excited to see what they found!

Holly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter