SB:Tell us how you Christmas projects turned out.

chessie

DIS Veteran
Tell us how you Christmas projects turned out.

Several people said they were making scrapping projects for Christmas gifts. I am eager to hear how they turned out and what the receiver said about them.

chessie

I haven't started scrapping yet, but did do:

tin punch ornaments
candy
cookies
baskets
a "tied" fleece blanket
wooden, cut-out & painted Rudolphs
snowman Mickeys from Crayola Magic stuff
& 2 projects from a Michaels brochure - Marbelous Ornaments & Animal Mosaic Ornaments

DD & I also sponge painted our own gift bags & used the paper shredder to cut tissue paper for stuffing.

Everything came out okay from my perspective, although I thought a couple of the baskets were a little 'odd' at the rim. The recipients liked them though.

DS got the blanket - Coke bears on one side (a fave of his) & black microfleece on the other. He wrapped up in it & didn't move off the couch until his fiance showed up! :D

But I really want to hear about all the scrapping projects you did. I keep thinking I'd like to do it, but don't know if I want to get addicted to something else! ;) So tempt me . . . .

My album for my mom was a hit, she really liked it, my cousin told me that it was the nicest present a person could get! I thought that was so nice of him,

Grover in Winnipeg
:D :smooth: :D

The folks that got the "recipe books" loved them. They turned out really cute. You can do them to hold either photos or recipes, so I wouldn't mind doing some of those next year! DH liked his album alot. He had to take it to his family's Christmas and show it off. The best part was the pictures I had taken of DD at the stadium and kept secret from him. I think those pages were the part he liked best of all. Now to make a place for it because Santa didn't bring me a bigger house...

Hope everyone's projects were a hit!

Candi

Well, I did an album for both sets of grandparents (5x7 albums) and a 12x12 album for my mom. For my grandparents it was pics of our "family reunion" trip we took in June. They LOVED it!!! Went on and on about it. My other grandparents it was sort of the same...my sister got married on that trip, so I put pics of her wedding in there. For my mom, it was our childhood pics. Hers isn't actually finished. I didn't start until maybe 2 weeks before christmas (actually, i think it was more like a week or 10 days before) so there was no way i could finish! I did manage to do about 7 years, though. That's not a lot of pics, though. I filled the pages that came with the album and will do refills and give them to her as i finish them. She loved it. She had given me all her pics a while back (maybe a month or so ago). She didn't know I was making the album for her for christmas, but she had hoped. :)

My first album for my MIL went over great!! She has been showing EVERYONE who she sees. I can't wait to add more pages in it for her.

My mother LOVED her "vintage" album that I made for her of all the old black and white photos that my grandmother had laying around. She cried...she thought it was sooo thoughtful

My aunt ( for whom I made the "sad" album of her daughter that died 5 years ago) she cried and just keep telling me how much it meant to her. That I took the time and did the album for her and that I took all the time to sneak into her house, take the pics and copy them while she was at work. She has taken it to work and showed everyone.

I was sooo proud!

My "no-sew, tie blankets" went over SUPER well! All the kids I gave them too never took them off once they got them! AWESOME!!

Well, I made a sort of a collage with pictures. I cut out pictures of all my family on my Dad's side; brother, sister, father, stepmother, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmother and put them all together, and just went to Kinko's and got it color copied, everyone loved it.

It cam out beautiful but it got little to noresponse from him- Oh well- Someday his wife will like it,

I finished the scrapbooks for my adopted daughter's siblings. It included pictures of their biological family, back to their Great-great Grandparents, pictures of their parents as children and growing up, as well as baby pictures of each of them. (I got these from their bio Mom and none of the other siblings had any of these.)

I also had pictures of them at times that we have had get togethers over the years. (the children were placed in DHS custody when my 17 yr old was 8)
Every year at least twice a year, we would all get together so the kids could spend some time together. The brother of the group is the only child that wasn't adopted and he doesn't have a memory book of any kind, I'm hoping that this will mean a lot to him.

BTW, instead of actually completing four books, I made the original for my DD and color copied the other three. The price was pretty steep, the quality wasn't as good as the original, but they were still nice.

Gerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter