SB: OK scrappers, put your creative thinking caps on.

chessie

DIS Veteran
OK scrappers, put your creative thinking caps on.

Four of us from the local scrapbook store are going to the Orlando memories expo in November. We are all Disney nuts so you can guess why the expo in Orlando was chosen. We will be 2 days at the expo and 2 days at Disney World.

Here's where I need your help.... We want to do a Disney album, but we don't want to do a traditional album. We're trying to think of a different slant, a theme of some sort.

Help me brainstorm.

Thanks, Chessie

okay, this may be too hokey, but how about doing a book totally themed around scrapping. You'll be at the expo for 2 days, lots of good material there. Then when you go to WDW, you could poke a little fun at yourselves (photos of y'all scrapping in your room, instead of in the parks, a picture of one of you trying to get the exact right photo for the book, etc, a photo of y'all gathering all the tix, park maps etc for the scrapbook). We scrappers can be a little obsessive about getting the "right" photo.

Hopefully others will have some ideas for ya----have fun--I'm very envious!!

Chessie, at the expo you could take pictures of yourselves finding all the Disney Related items, cropping for your disney album, and doing disney related 'make and take's if there are any. Then, of course, you can share your album full of great ideas with US!

Linda,

I wish all of you could go. I am sooo excited.

This is my first big scrapping event and I get to attend it with some wonderful friends I have me through scrapping and I get to go to my favorite place to boot.

I need to pinch myself often.

Chessie

One kind of "theme" that I've seen done for a variety of kinds of albums -- even wedding albums -- is an "ABC" book where each page has things that start with that letter of the alphabet. I was thinking of doing an ABC album with some miscellaneous pictures I have.

My daughter has an ABC book of a trip to the beach one year. It is a neat book that she still enjoys looking at.
Congrats cousin, on the Vet status!;)

Here is what we have decided so far, thanks to some of your ideas.

Our plan is to make a combined album for the store. We will be taking at least 5 classes each, so that makes 4X5=20. During those classes we will have completed at least 2 pages each, = 40 pages. Now all we have to do is pop in our pictures. This will kind of be the opposite. We'll be making our album first, then taking our pictures.

We'll be getting together soon to decide who will be taking which classes. We want to cover as many different products and techniques as we can. I'll let you know which one I'll be doing.

Chessie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter