SB I'm going to Disney World

chessie

DIS Veteran
I’m going to Disney World.

The lady that owns the scrapbook store I frequent has asked me to tag along with her to the November Scrapbook Expo in Orlando. She is also a Disney nut so we will stay a couple of extra days to go to Disney World.

I feel another scrapbook coming on. :)

Lucky You! Have a great trip. I'm sure it will be a blast.

When are you going? Where are you staying? Details, I need detail! LOL

At this point all I know is that we will be leaving here early Thursday morning November the 1st. We will be spending all day Friday and possibly Sat at the expo. Sunday Monday will be spent at Disney World and drive back Tuesday. She has rented a condo somewhere between Orlando and Disney world.

You will have so much fun. I just moved here a few months ago and from what I've heard, last years expo in Orlando was a blast. I know it's a little early, but I definitely want to plan to get all the dis scrappers together who are going to do the crop nights. I think it would be fun to meet everyone and work on our Disney pages together.

Chessie --

You are so lucky!!! You're gonna have a great time. Bring an extra suitcase for all the samples!!

My sister is in the stationery business, and my mom and I tagged along with her to the Stationery Show at the Javits Center in New York City this past May. There was only a little section devoted to crafts, but it didn't matter because, I now have a TON of paper, stickers, etc. Creating Keepsakes sponsored classes and my mom and I sat through 3 of them (my sister actually had to do business, we just went for the ride). My mom said that designing a scrapbook page was exactly like designing bulletin board layouts from the days when she was a 4th grade teacher (only on a smaller scale).

I'm not going to Orlando until the last week in November, or I definitely would have tried to think of a way to sneak in.

Donna

I heard a lot about that Orlando scrapbook expo today at the crop I attended....sounds great!

Maybe someday we'll be in WDW then too!

Can you pass on any hints?

I would like to take a few of the workshops so that I will be able to teach a few classes at the scrapbook store.

We have quite a few experienced scrappers that have been teaching their personal expertise.

I am excited about the expo. I don't know what to expect so I am sure I will be surprised.

Chessie

No tips, but if I see the lady who attended again before Nov. I'll ask.

It sounds absolutely huge and overwhelming....lots of vendors, a huge variety of workshops. But conventions/expos are always soooo much fun, no matter what they're for.

Congratulations...you are very lucky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter