SB: Have you found any new tool lately?

chessie

DIS Veteran
Have you found any new tools that you think will become a part of your tool bag for a while?

I have started using a little thing called Easy Matt. It comes with 2 little disks that have 2 grooves each. You just catch what you are matting into the groove and put a pencil in the hole at the middle of the disc and trace it. You still have to cut along the line but it's great for double and triple matting those things that are odd shaped.

I am also into eyelets. I had an eyelet setter. I thought that an anywhere punch was just a nice to have tool. I soon found out it was a necessity, especially for eyelets. It is also great for inserting ribbons, raffia and brads. You can punch the 1/8" hole anywhere on the page, even in the very center of your 12X12 page.

I can recommend both of these tools.

chessie

I have the magic matter which is similiar to your tool but no groove - I really like it and use it a lot.
I am considering getting eyelets and a setter etc but haven't taken the plunge yet - but I do have some brads and am finding lots of uses for them!

my favorite newish tool is a Accucut alphabet template - it's like a coluzzle but a different font, and you can cut letters out really easily with it. there are some others by Eazy2Cut which I like the look of as well.

Bev

CM just came out with new shapes for the Custom Cutting System - hexagon, pentagon and 8x10 oval. I don't have them yet, but they're available in December. I can't wait!

Yes, CM just came out with new shapes for the cutting system that will be available starting Monday. BUT...they're not part of the regular line. They are a Memory Keepers Club gift. Not all CMC's do the MKC club but if your CMC does and you have a card, that is one of the gifts you can get when you fill up your card. Right now you have the choice of the Finishing Touches set or the new patterns. My customers cannot wait to fill theirs up now! I can't wait to get those patterns myself. Ask your CMC about it.

I'll be ordering mine soon too! LOL...I can't wait. My customers don't know about them yet....you ladies are quick!

Oh, and then there's the Album ID kit. Have any of you used this yet? You can label the spines of your albums with it!

Lesley,

I used the Album ID kit. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or how good the "quality" would be. But I love it! It looks really great. I was really impressed. So far I've only done 1 album. Just haven't had the time to sit down and do more. But I think it looks really great, especially for the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter