SB: anyone make a "shaker box" for your pages?

I just bought what I think is a mini-version of what you're describing. I was doing a layout of a vacation we took in Cape May NJ. At the LSS, they've started carrying "3-d" stuff by Jolene, or Jolie, something like that. Anyway, the thing I bought is about 1 1/2 inches square. It looks like a little box with a clear lid, and has sand and seashells inside it. I think it was somewhere around $2-3, and worth every penny. I know I don't have the patience or time to make something like that.

Is this close to what you're talking about?

I tried something very similar to the shaker box. I was looking for a sort of snow globe effect. I thought they would move around as the pages of the album were turned but The objects just laid there at the bottom of the circle.

I just love that line of 3D stickers KirstenB was talking about. My LSS started carrying them a few weeks ago. I can't wait to come up with something to use them on. They are absolutely adorable. Tiny little flip flops, knitted baby booties, decorated wedding cakes made of felt. I don't know how I will work them into my style but I had better hurry before the collectors scarf them all up.

chessie

I haven't tried a shaker box yet, but I want to. They look very cute. I finally got to see the Jolee's stickers. I have heard a lot of "buzz" about them. They are really cute. My folks are taking a trip to Hawaii next month, and I promised to do an album with their pictures. They had tiny "Hawaiian Shirts and Leis" I think they will be so fun and bright along side the pictures.

I just saw these 3-D stickers at AC Moore today and they are so adorable. My sister is pregnant and I thought the baby effects were the cutest. I agree that these are a little different from my regular style, but I think I could work them in.

Lisa

I made 3 shaker boxes last nite! They were really simple and turned out really cute. Two I made using animal prints and pinks and reds. I put tiny heart and cupid punchies inside. I decided I would use them to make homemade valentines and say "wild about you" The other I made look like a box of candy conversation hearts and used heart punchies in pastel colors and wrote sayings on them. I had a package of photo protectors that I bought that were the wrong size and now I am glad to have a use for them. I can't wait to try a "Disney" themed shaker!

I just got done reading another thread about denting with the use of embellishments !

The shaker boxes sound cute.... I never really knew what they were.....

So do they fit in a normal album on regular pages???

Debbie:bounce:

I wondered how the would fit in albums too, when I first read about them, but after I made a couple I realized it really isn't a "box" at all. It is barely 3 dimesional. It is basically a piece of card stock, a piece of sheet protector, a cardstock mat and the foam tape. It just allows enough space for whatever you have inside (in my case punchies) to move around slightly. I won't be using them in my album all the time, but I like to try out new techniques now and then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter