Saw something unforgivable

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
Whilst browsing on Facebook I came across a video of a rabbit being killed by a snake... slowly :(

There should be a warning for posts like that. I felt deeply disturbed. Reported that, for what good it will do. Facebook are notorious for letting posts and adverts slip through the net.

Never use Facebook...............never have, never will.
Not because of just that, but you never know what you will run across.

I've found myself less in love with Facebook as time goes on. These days I only use it for Messenger and a few groups I love to get involved in. But browsing through typical posts is less entertaining, more disturbing. And these days I don't sell on it either, in groups or Marketplace, due to the number of scammers and even bots. Sad, really, for such a big platform.

I don’t have Facebook but I hate when any pictures of snakes pop up anywhere on the internet. They just creep me out. I can’t imagine seeing that. Sorry you had to see it. 😥

Circle of life, but no doubt sometimes those things are more appropriate without video coverage. And definitely not good to see without warning. :(

X and Facebook has had some of horrible posts listed as something I may want to see as of late. People flighting and getting seriously injured. Why? Why is that on my feed? If you track what I watch you will certainly know that isn't it! I like happy little videos like the little girl with the yipick she bought at Homie Depot. Apparently this is several years old, but I just saw it for the first time this month.

I once saw a photo on FB that was so graphic and horrible I really had no choice but to report it. I can't even say what it contained here. They seemed to have cracked down in the last couple of years on stuff like what I saw. I only use FB these days to see what my loony family are going to say next.

Circle of life, but no doubt sometimes those things are more appropriate without video coverage. And definitely not good to see without warning. :(

X and Facebook has had some of horrible posts listed as something I may want to see as of late. People flighting and getting seriously injured. Why? Why is that on my feed? If you track what I watch you will certainly know that isn't it! I like happy little videos like the little girl with the yipick she bought at Homie Depot. Apparently this is several years old, but I just saw it for the first time this month.

I just saw that video on instagram recently. So cute and funny.
I generally don’t have any graphic FB videos pop up in my feed.

Exactly what I was going to say. I wouldn't want to see it, but you can't blame the snake fore being a snake. You can blame the person taking video and posting it.

I've had the same issue with youtube. I'll be watching a chef cooking something and horrible things pop up along the side.

Never had an issue with Facebook, but on the Internet in general, anything goes.

I just saw that video on instagram recently. So cute and funny.
I generally don’t have any graphic FB videos pop up in my feed.
Mine are in REELS.

I get the typical ones I believe were meant for me: Nate Bargatze, the mime from Sea World, silverback gorillas interacting with one another. I may watch, I may not. Depends on my mood.

Then as I scroll down more Reels will come up and I will see some graphic fight that I don't want to see. No rhyme or reason, just here ya go, watch this poor victim get kicked in the head. :sad2:

I’ve seen this-so cute! This is along my level too!

Whilst browsing on Facebook I came across a video of a rabbit being killed by a snake... slowly :(

There should be a warning for posts like that. I felt deeply disturbed. Reported that, for what good it will do. Facebook are notorious for letting posts and adverts slip through the net.
:confused: Why didn't you scroll away? I don't have my own FB profile but I do scroll on DH's once in a while to see cooking videos. As far as I've seen, scrolling there works the same as it does here...no need to be stuck looking at something alarming.

:confused: Why didn't you scroll away? I don't have my own FB profile but I do scroll on DH's once in a while to see cooking videos. As far as I've seen, scrolling there works the same as it does here...no need to be stuck looking at something alarming.
I was kinda praying that the bunny would get away... I was literally transfixed, thinking, "It'll be all right..."

But it wasn't :(

Snakes are gonna snake.

Have you seen the lizard escaping from a pit of snakes? (Snoop Dogg’s narrated version is the best.)

I love all the animals in nature reels that float around!

And, just to warn you, there’s a reel going around w/ a grandmother orca very impressively attacking a great white shark.

The orcas kinda really be mean & crafty… the year I taught swimming creatures, my students LOVED a video of a pod of orcas ganging up on a seal on a floating piece of ice. (Spoiler: the seal got away.)

Decades ago on TV Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom would show predators stalking and killing prey. Just a part of the cycle of life.

I saw a video of one of those giant monitor lizards swallowing a small deer.

A friend’s brother had a 6 foot long python and he’d occasionally give it a “feeder rabbit” for dinner.

Decades ago on TV Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom would show predators stalking and killing prey. Just a part of the cycle of life.

I saw a video of one of those giant monitor lizards swallowing a small deer.

A friend’s brother had a 6 foot long python and he’d occasionally give it a “feeder rabbit” for dinner.

I'd say it's different when the video is for scientific/educational purposes, but not when it's posted with no warning, seemingly for shock value. I can't speak for this video, but nature shows don't tend to get close in on the really grisly stuff.

I'd say it's different when the video is for scientific/educational purposes, but not when it's posted with no warning, seemingly for shock value. I can't speak for this video, but nature shows don't tend to get close in on the really grisly stuff.
The lizard eating a deer was embedded in a story on my newsfeed and was clearly labeled as such. So was the orca attacking a great white shark mentioned above.

Perhaps OP will disclose how they came across the offending video. Was it a cute bunny twitching its nose and munching grass when the Big Bad Serpent suddenly appears and does its evil deed?

I once saw a photo on FB that was so graphic and horrible I really had no choice but to report it. I can't even say what it contained here. They seemed to have cracked down in the last couple of years on stuff like what I saw. I only use FB these days to see what my loony family are going to say next.
Pinterest is the one that got me. "You like dogs? Here, look at this graphic picture from a dog meat festival." 😭

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter