• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Savor the Savanna vs. Wild Animal Trek - Better for Photography

prncssmel

Brunette, now Redhead, Cinderella
I have seen several threads about this but none that address my question. We are going to SWS in May and are trying to decide which tour to take. My husband is a photographer, and this is one of the few theme park places where he definitely wants to have his camera to take photos.

Years ago on our honeymoon, we took a tour that was an early morning extended version of Kilimanjaro Safari (can’t remember the tour name) that was perfect - moved slow, close to animals, let you take as many pictures as you want, and I was hoping to somewhat recreate this, so I am trying to figure out which tour would be better.

I understand that on WAT, the camera has to be attached to you, so it seems he would only be able to take one camera body/lens. Does anyone know if they frown on large lenses? Any chance I could carry one of his cameras and switch back and forth, or does it have to stay attached the whole time? Do they try to push you along and not let you stop for photos? We have been on wildlife tours in other places that have staff photographers, and they always seem annoyed when he takes his own photos.

Because of the above issues, I was thinking the STS might be the better tour. Any issues with cameras there? Do people feel like you get to see enough animals to make the tour worth it? (Most reviews I see focus on the food, which sounds great, but not why we would be taking the tour.)

TIA for what I know are really weird, detailed questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter