Savor the Savanna food

MomDoc_99

Earning My Ears
I am thinking of taking the Savor the Savanna tour when we are at AK next January. I think my husband would love the relaxed feel and the rest from all the walking. But I am not very adventurous when it comes to food, and the Disney site does not give a menu. Does anyone have recent experience? Would there be enough for me to eat to make it worthwhile?

We have done this x2 and love this tour. It's a wonderful tour!!

You spend about an hour at the Boma (I at first thought it was Boma the restaurant) it's a beautiful place in the middle of the savannah. You can walk on the boardwalk to see the lions, use the restrooms and eat/drink.

We are not super adventurous eaters either, but thought the food was really good. There is some tapas style selections served cold. A couple shrimp, fruit salad, prociutto, curry chicken salad (I do not really like curry, but this was amazing!) roasted pepper humus with pita rounds. We also got a smores desert. You could choose from African beers (very good!) or wines, probably both if you wanted.

It's totally worth it. The CM's are so knowledgeable, the food and drink, the special savannah tour are all very special.

The tour was awesome!! A timely placement of food for the giraffes allowed us a very close encounter with three of them!! The CM's were fantastic. I am not very adventurous with food either. I think I ate the prosciutto and the pita/naan bread, and the dessert :-) Then we snacked a little on the way out of AK that evening. It also fun when a regular safari truck would pass us and people would look at us and wonder who we were :-)

I took the tour shortly after it first started, almost two years ago now. It doesn't sound like the menu has changed much, though - I posted my review here. There were a few things on the menu that I didn't think I'd like, but I ended up eating everything and it was all so delicious. I'd do this tour again.

I did the Wild Africa Trek (3 times) - sounds like it’s the same meal, which I enjoyed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter