• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Savi's Workshop at Hollywood Studios - Rey's Yellow Saber

stephdutt

Earning My Ears
Is Rey's yellow light saber an option to build at Savi's Workshop at Hollywood Studios?

No, any character lightsaber is considered a Legacy Saber and *may* be for sale in Dok Ondar’s Den of Antiquities, which is just up the stairs from Savi’s Workshop. The selection in the store has been very limited since the parks reopened. The ones you build in Savi’s are unique to Savi’s and don’t include yellow as PP stated.

When my husband built his back in September, we were looking specifically for the black crystal but unfortunately, according to the CM, they had to stop mixing in special crystals during the experience since there was usually only one of that type and it was unfair to other guests who didn't pick first because they missed out. I'm not saying that's the truth but it's what we heard from the CM. They did say that occasionally you can find the other crystals in the other shops around Batuu!

When my husband built his back in September, we were looking specifically for the black crystal but unfortunately, according to the CM, they had to stop mixing in special crystals during the experience since there was usually only one of that type and it was unfair to other guests who didn't pick first because they missed out. I'm not saying that's the truth but it's what we heard from the CM. They did say that occasionally you can find the other crystals in the other shops around Batuu!
That’s interesting. We’ve built 8 Savi’s sabers, and they’ve only had four colors, and all information states they only offer four colors. In Dok Ondar’s they do have the other colors (we have them - it can be a chore to find them, at least it used to be). The black crystal that they sell there glows red once inserted into a saber, and when inserted into a Sith Holocron the voice is Snoke - rather disappointing.

You can choose a yellow khyber crystal for your saber (at least you could, they had it last year), but it will be your saber, not Rey's.

I don't remember them having the black crystals, but they did have yellow.

You can choose a yellow khyber crystal for your saber (at least you could, they had it last year), but it will be your saber, not Rey's.

I don't remember them having the black crystals, but they did have yellow.
We had several lightsaber builders who built their saber and then went and bought additional crystals at the Droid Depot because they wanted multiple colors.

Don't forget you can always purchase additional crystals in Dok's store. Batuu East didn't have blue available in October. I suggest checking the store if you're in between color choices. I waited to get my red crystal until after the build in case I was able to get a black crystal from the store (I didn't).

We bought it. They didn't have it for sale the day of, but we checked back the next day and it was there. Keep checking! I think it was $20

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter